forums.PPSSPP.org
Is there any reason why homescreen/firmware isn't supported? - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Is there any reason why homescreen/firmware isn't supported? (/showthread.php?tid=4775)

Is there any reason why homescreen/firmware isn't supported? - Dullaron - 07-11-2013 08:49 AM

Just asking.

RE: Is there any reason why homescreen/firmware isn't supported? - Henrik - 07-11-2013 12:54 PM

Yes.

Okay, so here's the reason.

PPSSPP is a HLE emulator, we just simulate the PSP OS. The homescreen/firmware is very different from the games in terms of what APIs it uses etc. It would be a huge amount of work to get it running and I'm really not interested in doing that work just to get a menu that's not that great anyway.

PPSSPPs UI will improve and hopefully you will find it an okay replacement soon.

RE: Is there any reason why homescreen/firmware isn't supported? - Dullaron - 07-11-2013 04:39 PM

Oh OK. BlueStacks team is doing the same thing. They made BlueStacks to run Android games on Windows. Skipping most of the Android stuff. They use their own loader. Smile

I do like the PPSSPP though. No installer needed. Smile

RE: Is there any reason why homescreen/firmware isn't supported? - vnctdj - 07-18-2013 06:32 PM

The reason has been given by the best person who can know Wink

So, I close.