forums.PPSSPP.org
PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? (/showthread.php?tid=4262)

PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? - Niyawa - 06-24-2013 05:54 PM

You know the problem. I can delete it alright, but it keeps appearing and every time it has a bigger size. I've lurked through all the options in PPSSPP but nothing mentioning logs or anything that could have freed me from this curse. I have a specific 24 GB partition for Windows whereas I've left a few GBs only for cache and my programs, so those 1-2 GB from the log makes a HUGE difference in daily use.

If there's no way to disable it, please tell me so I can make a request in the features thread.

RE: PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? - TheDax - 06-24-2013 05:56 PM

Delete the logs folder inside the user folder altogether. Then, if/when you want logs back, just recreate the folder. Or run ppsspp with --log=mylogfile.txt, or whatever you want it to be named.

RE: PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? - Niyawa - 06-24-2013 06:01 PM

Thanks, I've tested it here just for safety and it works great. Just hope the user folder will not be useful for anything else.

RE: PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? - TheDax - 06-24-2013 06:07 PM

No problem. As far as I know, it's currently only used to house the logs folder.

RE: PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? - [Unknown] - 06-25-2013 06:11 AM

It's not useful for anything else. I personally use --log= instead because it maintains more control.

-[Unknown]

RE: PPSSPP Log can take 1 GB of disk space if you let it, how do I disable this? - vnctdj - 06-29-2013 12:02 PM

The problem is now resolved.

Closed.