forums.PPSSPP.org
About USB Controllers. - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: About USB Controllers. (/showthread.php?tid=3788)

About USB Controllers. - xd9999 - 06-02-2013 08:10 AM

Hello,

I'm using the PC version of the PPSSPP and when I plugged in a USB Controller the buttons are preset.

My problem is that some of the buttons swapped places:

The Triangle Button swapped with the Square Button and
The Circle Button swapped with the X Button.

Is it possible to disable this feature?

I tried using the Xpadder program but it did not do any good, it just added functions to the same button e.g. when I press X - the game would recognize that I'm pressing X and O.

RE: About USB Controllers. - [Unknown] - 06-02-2013 08:14 AM

You can change the buttons under Options -> Controls, I think. Does that work for you?

-[Unknown]

RE: About USB Controllers. - xd9999 - 06-02-2013 08:26 AM

(06-02-2013 08:14 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You can change the buttons under Options -> Controls, I think. Does that work for you?

-[Unknown]

It works for the keyboard, but it does not change the controls for the USB Controller. It seems that the controls for the latter are preset or I cant find where to change it.

RE: About USB Controllers. - [Unknown] - 06-02-2013 08:33 AM

If you're using a git build, it's the DirectInput tab at the top of the Controls dialog.

-[Unknown]

RE: About USB Controllers. - xd9999 - 06-02-2013 08:51 AM

(06-02-2013 08:33 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you're using a git build, it's the DirectInput tab at the top of the Controls dialog.

-[Unknown]

No, I'm not using a git build and I don't know how to make or use a git build.

--------------
Oh...

I think I figured it out.

In the Controls Dialog, under Force Device, I chose XInput. This disabled the preset controls for the USB Controller. I then used XPadder to simulate the keyboard controls of PPSSPP.

Now I feel silly I did not found this earlier.

Anyway, thank you for the reply. Your posts were most encouraging in finding a solution.

RE: About USB Controllers. - dropthatout - 06-02-2013 09:11 AM

get the programm D3Tool and emulate your gamepad in Xinput, then choose Xinput cintroller option in ppsspp .. works perfect for me