forums.PPSSPP.org
I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ad-Hoc Multiplayer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races (/showthread.php?tid=27221)

Pages: 1 2

I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - TheRacer28 - 01-14-2021 08:38 PM

I was wanting to play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc online on my phone, but I couldn't do it because the emulator doesn't want to connect. I have the emulator connected to the server, it allows me to create rooms and it can detect the active rooms, but when I try to join a room after the message of "Connecting..." then I get the message of "Connection failed "and it does not allow me to enter, I solved this unchecking the fast memory option and changing the port offset to 1500, I could now enter rooms with other players, however, when the race starts the game stays on the "Loading data" screen (For the host) and the screen goes black for a few seconds and then a "Connection error [4]" message appears (For the client). I have tried it with VPN and with the build version of the website but I continue with the same result, I am very frustrated since I wanted to race and trade and share cars with other players, I have already completed the game and I want to continue playing it with Ad Hoc mode, I don't know if it's a problem with my router or with the android version. Could you help me?

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - Zinx777 - 01-15-2021 05:47 PM

The guy got the latest dev build I know him from another place.
I dont know how to solve the issue with upnp because it happens to some people as well (could be router related).
On VPN it should work but I dont know why it wont for him.

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - TheRacer28 - 01-15-2021 06:10 PM

I used Zerotier for VPN way, I'm planning to try Hamachi, could it work?

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - Zinx777 - 01-15-2021 06:21 PM

Don't use Hamachi on Android its very hard to set up properly and not worth it.
ZeroTier should work good as other played on it fine already as far as I know.
On Android things work a bit worse compared to PC for some reason.
Anyway you can look at my thread for further tips :
https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=26826

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - TheRacer28 - 01-15-2021 06:38 PM

I think that I (Host) and the other person (Client) had checked the "Enable built in PRO Ad Hoc server" at the same time, can it cause any interference?

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - AdamN - 01-16-2021 04:20 AM

(01-15-2021 06:38 PM)TheRacer28 Wrote:  I think that I (Host) and the other person (Client) had checked the "Enable built in PRO Ad Hoc server" at the same time, can it cause any interference?

All players can enable built-in Adhoc Server without problem.

I even thinking to make it always enabled when WLAN is enabled, since currently we're using fake-success when failed to connect to adhoc server, which i heard faked-success could cause an issue on some games (stuck issue)

Anyway, have you tried using Forced First Connect or changing port offset to different value? Also make sure all players to use the same networking setting, because the problem could resides on other players too (ie. blocked by firewall or something)

Adhoc multiplayer is different with normal multiplayer, on normal multiplayer only the host need to have the port opened, while on adhoc both players need to have their port opened.

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - TheRacer28 - 01-16-2021 10:15 AM

Well, what values do you recommend to try at the port? We're tried with 1500

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - AdamN - 01-16-2021 12:00 PM

(01-16-2021 10:15 AM)TheRacer28 Wrote:  Well, what values do you recommend to try at the port? We're tried with 1500
you can try increasing it by 1000 or 2000 on each try, but if you still getting the same issue after reaching 10k+ it's probably not port offset issue

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - TheRacer28 - 01-17-2021 05:48 AM

I already solved it, I just needed the client to disable the Built in PRO Ad Hoc server and disable I/O on thread, I can play without problems now

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - AdamN - 01-17-2021 06:34 AM

Well as i remembered adhoc timings gets affected by I/O timings too sometimes, so that game might be one of the game that gets affected.
Probably because we didn't have an accurate timings on adhoc implementation since nobody ever benchmark it on real PSP.

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - TheRacer28 - 01-17-2021 07:03 PM

With VPN it works correctly, but I have tried again with UpNp with the same settings (Enabling the UpNp connection and disabling the built in Ad Hoc PRO server) and it does not allow me to enter the rooms.This could already be a problem with my router (What could not have the UpNp connection enabled) or the port offset?

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - AdamN - 01-18-2021 12:50 AM

Probably port issue, because when using VPN port-forwarding feature such as UPnP are not being used, either your router doesn't support UPnP or the port being used by the game is already taken by something else that also use port-forwarding/UPnP feature.

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - TheRacer28 - 01-18-2021 02:36 AM

Thanks for the info. I have another question. Does the emulator still not support car trading? Because although I can play races, I have tried to share cars with the client, but when I go to "Give copy" and the client goes to "Receive copy" when he joins my room, the game stays on the message of "Exchanging connection" and it does not go beyond that screen

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - AdamN - 01-18-2021 05:08 AM

Are you using the latest version from https://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/ ?
It's working fine on localhost 1st Player Share & 2nd Player Receive, it will shows Synchronizing -> Begin Copying? -> Now copying -> Transfer completed
[attachment=16918]

RE: I can't play Gran Turismo PSP Ad Hoc races - Zinx777 - 01-18-2021 07:57 AM

(01-17-2021 07:03 PM)TheRacer28 Wrote:  With VPN it works correctly, but I have tried again with UpNp with the same settings (Enabling the UpNp connection and disabling the built in Ad Hoc PRO server) and it does not allow me to enter the rooms.This could already be a problem with my router (What could not have the UpNp connection enabled) or the port offset?

I think this is something specific to that game because of how it starts ad-hoc.
I think it initializing ad-hoc at least 3 times - one time when you join into the main lobby, once when actually joining the lobby and the last is when you actually start the game.
The 1st and 3st phases got issues with UPNP maybe because it opens the ports more then once? dont know.
I noticed that when you change the port offset it might work again but only temporarily.