forums.PPSSPP.org
Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small (/showthread.php?tid=25894)

Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small - ngoncom - 11-25-2019 01:00 PM

Hi,

I have a trouble when playing Final Fantasy IV, text seem being smaller.

Thank!

RE: Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small - Dumbledork - 07-21-2020 08:55 PM

I have the same problem when I try to play FF IV at work. At home it works fine and I use the exact same emulator configuration on both computers.

Does anyone know what kind of tweeks I can try out in the options to solve the problem?

RE: Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small - [Unknown] - 07-25-2020 05:51 PM

It'd help if you can note what video card you're using on each system - I suspect this is a driver bug, but it might be one we can workaround.

I think it will also workaround the issue to switch the graphics backend setting in PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]

RE: Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small - Henrik - 07-27-2020 01:36 PM

Wasn't this the weird viewport invalidation?

Please try the latest version of PPSSPP and see if it's fixed there.

RE: Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small - romared403 - 08-02-2020 02:31 AM

PSP has pretty high framerates to begin with, its not just "playable" its unoticable from regular PSP play (besides loading screens) Also increased the resolution a bit so everything isn't blocky, and made it so sound doesn't skip.

RE: Final Fantasy IV text render from big to small - bladderdeux - 08-26-2020 05:02 AM

It'd help if you can note what video card you're using on each system - I suspect this is a driver bug, but it might be one we can workaround.