forums.PPSSPP.org
PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: PPSSPP 1.6 released! (/showthread.php?tid=24354)

Pages: 1 2


PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Henrik - 05-26-2018 03:58 PM

What's new in 1.6.0
-------------------
* OpenGL backend now properly multithreaded, giving a good speed boost.
* Various Vulkan performance improvements (like #10911) and memory allocation fixes.
* GPU command interpreter performance improvements (#10658)
* Various fixes for app switching and widgets (#10855) on Android
* Bugfixes and some performance improvements in the ARM64 JIT compiler and IR interpreter
* Shader cache enabled for Vulkan
* Multiple iOS fixes, including JIT (#10465) and file browser (#10921).
* Improved compatibility on Mac (#10113)
* Texture replacement ID bugfix (note: some textures from 1.5.4 may become incompatible)
* Adhoc multiplayer fixes (#8975)
* Vulkan support on Linux/SDL (#10413)
* Retroarch support upstreamed


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Rekrul - 05-27-2018 07:59 AM

No new compatibility fixes in general?


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - LG Fanatic - 05-27-2018 10:43 AM

(05-27-2018 07:59 AM)Rekrul Wrote:  No new compatibility fixes in general?

Compatibility is quite good now. Are there some games that aren't working correctly for you?


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Asferot - 05-27-2018 01:57 PM

(05-27-2018 07:59 AM)Rekrul Wrote:  No new compatibility fixes in general?

Do you have a particular game in mind?
Because compatibility is very good. There are rare games that have actual gamebreaking glitches.
Only network stuff could use some TLC.


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - [Unknown] - 05-27-2018 02:33 PM

There have been a few compatibility improvements, but as they say in software development: the first 90% takes 90% of the time to build, and the remaining 10% takes the other 90% of the time. The ninety-ninety rule.

Almost every game I own works pretty well (not counting adhoc, but I've never been that interested in netplay myself.) Finding fixes has become more challenging.

-[Unknown]


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Rekrul - 05-28-2018 01:59 AM

(05-27-2018 10:43 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  Compatibility is quite good now. Are there some games that aren't working correctly for you?

(05-27-2018 01:57 PM)Asferot Wrote:  Do you have a particular game in mind?
Because compatibility is very good. There are rare games that have actual gamebreaking glitches.

Actually, I keep a directory of games that don't work properly so that I can test them on new versions. All were tested on the Windows version of 1.6. In decreasing order of seriousness;

Activision Hits Remixed - Doesn't boot.
Shrek: Smash N Crash Racing - Won't go past title screen.
Speedball 2: Evolution - Doesn't boot.

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars - Crashes PPSSPP when you start a game.
Fortix - Crashes PPSSPP either at the start of the first level, or after you finish it. Tutorial seems to work fine.
Resistance Retribution - Crashes PPSSPP after the opening intro.
MX vs ATV: Reflex - Crashes PPSSPP as soon as you try to load it.

Cars: Race-O-Rama - View isn't rendered properly making the game unplayable. (exact same issue as MX vs ATV: Untamed)
MX vs ATV: Untamed - View isn't rendered properly making the game unplayable. (exact same issue as Cars: Race-O-Rama)

After Burner: Black Falcon - Headache-inducing audio tone while playing.
Driver 76 - Diagonal lines across the screen.
DTM Race Driver 3 Challenge - Horizontal lines obscuring the view.
Race Driver 2006 - - Horizontal lines obscuring the view. (worse in simulator/free race mode)

Colin McRae: Dirt 2 - Cars are washed out, occasional graphics glitches.
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights - Looks like some sort of overlay on the screen.
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - Graphic glitches under cars, too bright, no sound in races.


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - blinkerss - 05-28-2018 04:18 AM

Silent Hill - Shattered Memories, the flashlight still not working in all backend in 1.6.1 version

the only latest version that worked with the flashlight is version 1.4.2


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - the_randomizer - 05-30-2018 01:40 PM

I noticed that 1.6.1 has been released, why isn't there a change log for that on the forums or on the main site? Huh


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Asferot - 05-30-2018 07:07 PM

(05-30-2018 01:40 PM)the_randomizer Wrote:  I noticed that 1.6.1 has been released, why isn't there a change log for that on the forums or on the main site? Huh

Ummm... You just posted in the announcement/change log thread.
The Site also has similar list.


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Oddnumber - 05-30-2018 08:50 PM

Direct 3D 11 is crashing when you try to do a Screenshot, it's working on OGL.

D3D11 is easier for me to stream so that's why i use.


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - I needs Help - 05-31-2018 12:29 AM

Can we get the alternate speed button to be toggleable on mobile instead of press and hold, or at the least can the volume buttons be used for mapping (works on android but not on jailed os or is that a gold feature (and I'm still waiting on jailbreak I can use)). Speaking of os any idea when we might see some of the enhanced features the windows and android versions have, I couldnt be bothered to use cydia impactor(and have to reinstall every 7 days) is the 1.5.4 version really the lastest one for ios (thats the one I found that I could install easily, and no I'm not just looking at version numbers, the version of the app I have on my droid has more options than the one on my iphone).


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - Rekrul - 05-31-2018 09:57 AM

Some others;

Pangya Fantasy Golf - Doesn't Boot
Riff Everyday Shooter - Runs a little slow and has garbled sounding music (it's a 2D game)
Xyanide Resurrection - Freezes at the end of the level intro, music still plays. Worked in 1.2.2, hasn't worked since.


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - qwer4321 - 06-03-2018 12:31 PM

AutoRatation feature still missing.


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - nijohc - 06-03-2018 01:39 PM

Using 1.6.2 on Arch Linux, Vulkan renderer doesn't seem to work, always reverts to OpenGL on restart. (Vulkan works fine in other programs so I'm pretty certain it's a problem with PPSSPP). Other than that it works great.


RE: PPSSPP 1.6 released! - [Unknown] - 06-03-2018 09:09 PM

Anything in the log? Maybe it's built to use the wrong window server or something.

-[Unknown]