forums.PPSSPP.org
memory leak - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: memory leak (/showthread.php?tid=2234)

memory leak - sfageas - 03-31-2013 03:03 AM

i have restarted my win 8 3 times since afteroon,something is going on,all started after v0.7-330-g341ff96 if i remember.Oh and my pc become completely unresponsive

RE: memory leak? - [Unknown] - 03-31-2013 03:08 AM

Hmm. I'm not sure off hand how to get the Task Manager on Windows 8 - maybe through Ctrl-Alt-Del - but what does it show for PPSSPP?

If you go to View -> Select Columns... -> and then select "Memory - Private Working Set" (probably already selected), you can then sort by "Memory - Private Working Set".

Working Set means what's actually e.g. in RAM. Is PPSSPPWindows.exe at the top? How much is it using?

-[Unknown]

RE: memory leak? - sfageas - 03-31-2013 03:12 AM

here it is :

RE: memory leak? - [Unknown] - 03-31-2013 03:53 AM

So, not a memory leak - it's only using 10 MB, right? Windows Search Indexing is using a fair bit of CPU, though, which won't help PPSSPP at least.

Anyway, all those numbers generally look fairly normal...

-[Unknown]

RE: memory leak? - sfageas - 03-31-2013 03:56 AM

i turned indexing service off,ill report again if it happens,but as i told you before when i opened emu it frozen and all this with a fresh restart

maybe ill change the title to 'indexing service conflicts with emulator' Smile

ohoh when i opened emu it said iso looks bogus trying anyway and then here : it reached 2,5 gb!!

RE: memory leak - Henrik - 03-31-2013 08:40 AM

That's a memory leak indeed...

RE: memory leak - VIRGIN KLM - 03-31-2013 04:10 PM

I think Windows 8 loads the whole iso to RAM in an attempt to take advantage of the common philosophy of speedups Windows 8 uses. Obviously PPSSPP doesn't like that and adds more and more until your PC gets too much to handle.

RE: memory leak - sfageas - 03-31-2013 04:21 PM

i think that also virgin because the second time i opened the emulator and with the new gui it holds the previous iso's to memory and i dint load any iso it just goes crazy

RE: memory leak - sfageas - 03-31-2013 08:46 PM

i think i found the root of evil.It's the line : Recent = in ppsspp ini file and delete whatever added there or else emu freezes on start