forums.PPSSPP.org
PPSSPP iOS Port - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Builds, releases and ports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: iOS port (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: PPSSPP iOS Port (/showthread.php?tid=200)

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - brujo55 - 03-06-2013 02:28 PM

any update today?

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - the avenger - 03-06-2013 06:54 PM

(03-06-2013 01:11 PM)V6ser Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 03:01 PM)the avenger Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 02:32 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  In addition to that change, you also need a valid fd.

Something like... at the top of the file:

#include <fcntl.h>

And then inside that func:

int fd = open("/dev/zero", O_RDWR, 0);

And then replace the param after the MAP_ flags (-1) with fd. It's probably crashing in the emitter because mmap() returned an invalid pointer and so it's crashing when writing to a bad ptr.

(03-05-2013 01:52 PM)the avenger Wrote:  i am trying to build the latest code from the github with these changes and give it root access see what happens but i get this error

any help?

Hmm, xcode should be building the git-version.cpp file in the root. What do you have in that file? You may need to re-run cmake.

-[Unknown]
re-run cmake on what?i already ran it on the ios toolchain,
anyway if you can post the lines of code already edited with what you proposed i can paste it in and see how it works
it's like "make clean" what he meant, not just try again.
i didn't understand that,sorry.
anyway there doesn't seem to be a git-version.cpp file.whats the problem now?

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - V6ser - 03-06-2013 07:32 PM

(03-06-2013 06:54 PM)the avenger Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 02:32 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  In addition to that change, you also need a valid fd.

#include <fcntl.h>

And then replace the param after the MAP_ flags (-1) with fd. It's probably crashing in the emitter because mmap() returned an invalid pointer and so it's crashing when writing to a bad ptr.

(03-05-2013 01:52 PM)the avenger Wrote:  i am trying to build the latest code from the github with these changes and give it root access see what happens but i get this error

any help?

Hmm, xcode should be building the git-version.cpp file in the root. What do you have in that file? You may need to re-run cmake.

-[Unknown]
anyway if you can post the lines of code already edited with what you proposed i can paste it in and see how it works
I thought Cmake would generate it automatically.

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - the avenger - 03-06-2013 07:49 PM

(03-06-2013 07:32 PM)V6ser Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 06:54 PM)the avenger Wrote:  

#include <fcntl.h>

-[Unknown]
I thought Cmake would generate it automatically.
generated it on my windows and copied it to fix that,anyway this is the last error left
[attachment=1935]
hope we can get through it soon

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - [Unknown] - 03-06-2013 09:03 PM

You're missing files or something. Close Xcode, and then open Terminal, and:

cd /path/to/ppsspp/checkout
git stash
git fetch origin
git rebase origin/master
git submodule update

And then:

cd /path/to/build/dir
cmake -GXcode -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/path/to/ppsspp/checkout/ios/ios.toolchain.cmake /path/to/ppsspp/checkout
open *.xcodeproj

Xcode should relaunch with hopefully all updated files. It should automatically update git-version.cpp and include Core/Reporting.cpp.

At this point to get your changes back you can do:

git stash pop

If it breaks again, then your changes are what broke it.

-[Unknown]

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - the avenger - 03-06-2013 09:28 PM

(03-06-2013 09:03 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You're missing files or something. Close Xcode, and then open Terminal, and:

git stash
git fetch origin
git rebase origin/master
git submodule update

And then:

cd /path/to/build/dir
cmake -GXcode -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/path/to/ppsspp/checkout/ios/ios.toolchain.cmake /path/to/ppsspp/checkout
open *.xcodeproj

Xcode should relaunch with hopefully all updated files. It should automatically update git-version.cpp and include Core/Reporting.cpp.

At this point to get your changes back you can do:

git stash pop

If it breaks again, then your changes are what broke it.

-[Unknown]
thanks now i can build,but if you would be as kind as to post the changes u said would be needed to run the jit that would be great

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - brujo55 - 03-06-2013 10:36 PM

is there new changes for the new build?

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - [Unknown] - 03-07-2013 12:42 AM

I don't know what changes are needed to run the jit. If you pass the MAP_FILE flag, though, you can't pass -1 for the file, it will fail with an error. If you open some dummy file (like /dev/null) it may work, but I'm not sure. It didn't work for me but I'm probably doing the other parts wrong, so hard to say.

-[Unknown]

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - the avenger - 03-07-2013 07:03 PM

(03-07-2013 12:42 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I don't know what changes are needed to run the jit. If you pass the MAP_FILE flag, though, you can't pass -1 for the file, it will fail with an error. If you open some dummy file (like /dev/null) it may work, but I'm not sure. It didn't work for me but I'm probably doing the other parts wrong, so hard to say.

-[Unknown]
can you post the exact changes you made,also where you debugging it on a device or simulator,if device is it jailbroken,if jailbroken did you give it the dynamic-codesign entitlement,if you did can you post where it crashes

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - Hishamcn - 03-08-2013 02:03 PM

Hey guys I was hoping if u could help me , I don't know how to download games to ppsppp on my iPad 2 , please help me

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - V6ser - 03-08-2013 02:14 PM

(03-08-2013 02:03 PM)Hishamcn Wrote:  Hey guys I was hoping if u could help me , I don't know how to download games to ppsppp on my iPad 2 , please help me

It's called make an image of your own games Wink

EDIT: use 25PP

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - livisor - 03-08-2013 02:38 PM

(03-08-2013 02:14 PM)V6ser Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:03 PM)Hishamcn Wrote:  Hey guys I was hoping if u could help me , I don't know how to download games to ppsppp on my iPad 2 , please help me

It's make an image of your own games Wink

I think he meant to transfer the games to his ipad,personally i recommend ifunbox(pc) which easily transfers any kind of files on your idevice(jailbroken).If it's not jailbroken you might not be able to put isos/csos on it as it cannot be played on device and you will get an error.

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - Hishamcn - 03-08-2013 03:55 PM

(03-08-2013 02:38 PM)livisor Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:14 PM)V6ser Wrote:  

It's make an image of your own games Wink

I think he meant to transfer the games to his ipad,personally i recommend ifunbox(pc) which easily transfers any kind of files on your idevice(jailbroken).If it's not jailbroken you might not be able to put isos/csos on it as it cannot be played on device and you will get an error.

My iPad is jailbroken and I have ifunbox but how can I put the games inside ppsspp

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - brujo55 - 03-08-2013 03:57 PM

is var/mobile/documents/place your roms here.

RE: PPSSPP iOS Port - Hishamcn - 03-08-2013 03:59 PM

(03-08-2013 03:57 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  is var/mobile/documents/place your roms here.

\\no warez here!
--Apology11