forums.PPSSPP.org
The potential of the programmable pipeline - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The potential of the programmable pipeline (/showthread.php?tid=14036)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The potential of the programmable pipeline - GamerzHell9137 - 12-24-2014 07:51 PM

Awesome~ , i hope we get it soon.

RE: The potential of the programmable pipeline - NetSlayer - 01-08-2015 12:40 PM

It's a bit of a stretch but with this new information I wonder if true shadow mapping could be integrated....

right now most ppsspp games use (It seems like) pre rendered lightmaps and sprite shadows.

still wow, very nice work!

RE: The potential of the programmable pipeline - VIRGIN KLM - 02-14-2015 07:07 AM

I'd be fine with something that automitically applies bump mapping and displacement mapping (not a post processing effect but real ones). I bet you can do it and it's going to work nicely on alot of games. You could generate the maps using the scalled textures and applying effects to them. It won't look as good or as acurate as real maps but it shouldn't be far from how a real map would look.

RE: The potential of the programmable pipeline - Hellbringer616 - 02-18-2015 02:11 PM

Does that mean when texture replacement was added the programmable pipeline could also add true bump and displacement maps? or would it be limited to generated maps?

I also wonder if Dolphin or PCSX2 could use a programmable pipeline.

RE: The potential of the programmable pipeline - Blyss Sarania - 02-18-2015 07:40 PM

This is quite impressive and awesome.

RE: The potential of the programmable pipeline - Tetraspore - 09-06-2017 03:21 AM

I don't mean to bump an old thread, but I don't think I need to create an entirely new thread just to ask questions about this but--

How are these effects even added? What is the process? Specifically adding phong shaders and bump maps. Could someone give me a brief run down as to how to begin to try and do something like this with a game?