forums.PPSSPP.org
Changed rendering mode makes game very laggy.. (EDITED) - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Changed rendering mode makes game very laggy.. (EDITED) (/showthread.php?tid=11888)

Changed rendering mode makes game very laggy.. (EDITED) - piderf - 05-26-2014 08:33 AM

Hello, I'm a bit new to PPSSPP.. I downloaded the emulator today, and my first game Dangan Ronpa.
EDIT:: Game wasn't laggy until I changed the Rendering Mode from 'Buffered Rendering' to 'Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU)'... please help ;~;

RE: Changed rendering mode makes game very laggy.. (EDITED) - Nightquaker - 05-26-2014 11:18 AM

May I ask, why you decided to change rendering mode? Any particular issues with the game or anything like that?

RE: Changed rendering mode makes game very laggy.. (EDITED) - solarmystic - 05-26-2014 12:14 PM

@Nightquaker

Danganronpa needs the particularly intensive Read Framebuffers to Memory rendering mode for proper functionality. The target reticule used to highlight objects, doors and people will not work otherwise.

@piderf

That (the lag) is just a normal consequence of using that Rendering Mode with weaker devices. It is very compute intensive and will reduce performance drastically. There is no other way around it, I'm afraid. What platform are you running the game on? Any decent PC/laptop should be able to power through in that mode, even with the performance loss.

RE: Changed rendering mode makes game very laggy.. (EDITED) - piderf - 05-26-2014 03:19 PM

(05-26-2014 12:14 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  @Nightquaker

Danganronpa needs the particularly intensive Read Framebuffers to Memory rendering mode for proper functionality. The target reticule used to highlight objects, doors and people will not work otherwise.

@piderf

That (the lag) is just a normal consequence of using that Rendering Mode with weaker devices. It is very compute intensive and will reduce performance drastically. There is no other way around it, I'm afraid. What platform are you running the game on? Any decent PC/laptop should be able to power through in that mode, even with the performance loss.

Thank you for your response! I am using a Dell Inspiron N5040 .. any recommended settings I should put on for a tiny bit better performance? ;~;
Because at times, speed would go up to 50percent and at other times, it would only go up to 30.

RE: Changed rendering mode makes game very laggy.. (EDITED) - solarmystic - 05-26-2014 11:24 PM

@piderf

Use the latest build from the buildbot, v0.9.8-831-gb86b2fa

You don't have to change the rendering mode to Read Framebufffers to Memory (CPU) anymore for Danganronpa, and as a result, it should be MUCH faster.