forums.PPSSPP.org
Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button (/showthread.php?tid=11561)

Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - ikamazu - 04-21-2014 01:59 AM

Today I found that PPSSPP wouldn't run my copy of Riviera-The promised land anymore. I initially thought that it was a problem with corrupt save data and since I wasn't too far in, I pressed delete savedata. However, it turns out that it was my iso that was corrupted and could no longer be read. and since the Emulator couldn't detect what game it was, it Deleted ALL my save data from my folder.

tl;dr. Don't press the delete save data button until you try a fresh rip of the iso, you could end up losing all your saves

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - [Unknown] - 04-21-2014 02:39 AM

Wow, that sucks. That does not sound like proper functionality.

I lost all my saves once, on my Playstation 1. I'm paranoid now and regularly backup my savedata... though, I've never needed the backup since.

-[Unknown]

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - vnctdj - 04-21-2014 11:50 AM

I'm also as paranoid as you are about saves, [Unknown], since the moment I lost my Monster Hunter Freedom 2 save... More than 100 hours played on it...
The cause of my problem was a custom firmware that I have installed on my PSP, it has corrupted my save Undecided

About your problem, ikamazu, I would recommend you to backup your saves regularly since now, as we do Smile
Anyway, I commiserate with you Undecided

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - vsub_ - 04-21-2014 12:17 PM

If you have a save state,losing normal save is not a problem.
I backup my saves only when I clear the game I'm playing and I avoid going anywhere near those two buttons(deleting the image and the saves)

Personally I think those two options are not really needed in the PC version(I use my saves manager do delete\move\copy saves and save states...which send them to the recycle bin so it's perfectly safe)

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - ikamazu - 04-30-2014 01:28 AM

For anyone who made the same mistake I did, and came here when googling this specific issue in hopes of a solution, I managed to recover my saves via ShadowExplorer which lets you look through the backups windows automatically makes. In my case, the earliest backup I had luckily contained all my old saves.

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - vnctdj - 04-30-2014 06:40 AM

Interesting software, thanks for sharing Smile

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - youhacked1 - 04-30-2014 07:14 AM

Maybe the team could add a warning to the feature that it deletes all save data instead of the single game save?

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - vnctdj - 04-30-2014 07:43 AM

It occurs only when your .iso is corrupted apparently Smile

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - vsub_ - 04-30-2014 07:50 AM

[Unknown] already added something against this
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5923

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - vnctdj - 04-30-2014 07:55 AM

Indeed, I forgot about this...
Apparently need testing though Smile

RE: Tread Carefully when pressing the delete Savedata button - xZabuzax - 05-01-2014 03:54 AM

(04-30-2014 01:28 AM)ikamazu Wrote:  For anyone who made the same mistake I did, and came here when googling this specific issue in hopes of a solution, I managed to recover my saves via ShadowExplorer which lets you look through the backups windows automatically makes. In my case, the earliest backup I had luckily contained all my old saves.

Thanks for letting us know about that software, i just tested it now and it's really useful.

And it's also free. +1 to you.