forums.PPSSPP.org
Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Printable Version

+- forums.PPSSPP.org (https://forums.ppsspp.org)
+-- Forum: PPSSPP - Playstation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Windows XP support officialy ends today. (/showthread.php?tid=11437)

Pages: 1 2 3

Windows XP support officialy ends today. - tiktakt0w - 04-08-2014 06:30 PM

Microsoft drops support for it's decade-old OS today. To those who are still on XP, I might suggest that you give yourself a favor and update to a more recent release due to the fact that Windows XP won't be that secure anymore.

Bye-bye XP, it's been a long journey.

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - GuenosNoLife - 04-08-2014 06:50 PM

It's my best OS ever, my old computer I will never change system because I love XP and I have only 448 mb RAM 64 Mb video of card Smile

Windows 7 is little bad (my computer now, a pc gaming), Windows 8 or 8.1 is so bad I will never buy or update.
I don't want Tactil, Windows Store, Skype, Etc... They programm's are stupid!

I use Windows only for Internet and STEAM (playing) no want a lot programm unnecessary.

Modern Interface is horrible!

XP will never R.I.P, Classic is ever better than Modern Smile

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Obi55 - 04-09-2014 12:25 AM

Well said. Vista ftw though. You should try it. Anything's better than win8

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Stevec - 04-09-2014 01:28 AM

So guys which os works better on ppsspp win7 or win8.1 or no difference?

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - TheDax - 04-09-2014 02:14 AM

Judging by the recent influx of Windows 8/8.1 threads not having much success, I'd guess 7. I don't have Windows 8 or 8.1 though, so it'd be interesting to hear about Windows 8/8.1 success stories.

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Raimoo - 04-09-2014 04:09 AM

Windows 7 should be the best for now since Windows 8.1 (Not Windows 8 tho, its already long gone unless someone forgets to update it :o) is still in its early years and probably not every Windows XP user are able to adapt with the big change in Windows 8.1.

@Obi55 don't you know that Windows 7 is actually based on Windows Vista? Windows 8/8.1 did start from scratch tho.

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Obi55 - 04-09-2014 06:11 PM

I have a PC with Vista and a laptop with 7, and I'd rather use Vista, for its simplicity, and because it's basically HD winXP.

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Nezarn - 04-09-2014 06:34 PM

(04-09-2014 06:11 PM)Obi55 Wrote:  I'd rather use Vista, for its simplicity, and because it's basically HD winXP.

wat? vista and 7 looks nearly the same (and 7 is much better than vista)

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - tiktakt0w - 04-09-2014 07:31 PM

(04-09-2014 06:34 PM)Nezarn Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 06:11 PM)Obi55 Wrote:  I'd rather use Vista, for its simplicity, and because it's basically HD winXP.

wat? vista and 7 looks nearly the same (and 7 is much better than vista)

Yep, Win 7 is a stripped down (Not feature-wise and more like bloat wise) Windows Vista. My old PC which was struggling with Vista ran great on 7.

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - cyclonmaster - 04-09-2014 10:40 PM

Migrating my awesome windows xp 32bit to super-awesome windows 7 64bit. Sayonara XP Smile

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - karry299 - 04-10-2014 12:07 AM

>due to the fact that Windows XP won't be that secure anymore.

Pfft. Bwahahaha !
When did something like that ever matter ? Are there actually people in the world who thought "oh no, now Microsoft wont release any more security update, tomorrow i will be swarmed with thousands of viruses !!!"
Are there really silly people like that ?
Do viruses still exist even ? I used to be paranoid about security, but now it's been nearly a decade since i last used antivirus software, and anything more than the simplest firewall available, and nothing bad ever happened.

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - [Unknown] - 04-10-2014 12:21 AM

Viruses definitely still exist, as do security holes. These are not ancient old wives' tales.

In fact, OpenSSL had a major security hole very recently (called Heartbleed.) Sure is a good thing people still care about it, or bank accounts would be getting hacked left and right.

The last time I saw someone with a virus on their computer was like a couple months ago. The last time I had one, neither of the digits in my age were the same as they are now. But then, I haven't gone without a virus scanner in that long either. I think my virus scanner picked something up like 2-3 years ago last.

-[Unknown]

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Terminator - 04-10-2014 07:08 AM

I just re-installed XP on my PC. Smile

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - Merivex - 04-11-2014 02:46 AM

I'm really sad for the news.. But you know ,, XP is a LEGENDARY .. XP will never DIES !!! It will never DIES !!!!!! Big Grin

RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - tiktakt0w - 04-11-2014 12:47 PM

(04-10-2014 12:07 AM)karry299 Wrote:  >due to the fact that Windows XP won't be that secure anymore.

Pfft. Bwahahaha !
When did something like that ever matter ? Are there actually people in the world who thought "oh no, now Microsoft wont release any more security update, tomorrow i will be swarmed with thousands of viruses !!!"
Are there really silly people like that ?
Do viruses still exist even ? I used to be paranoid about security, but now it's been nearly a decade since i last used antivirus software, and anything more than the simplest firewall available, and nothing bad ever happened.

If you're spending real money in your computer/use or manage bank accounts online/manages your business via your computer, Then you wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your rig.

Unless you don't browse the web nor have internet in your XP-equiped rig then you would be safe (excluding people that have physical access to your rig that may do bad things to it).