Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android memory leak
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Android memory leak
Am I the only one who has memory leak if the app is minimized and reopened? Happened to me since 0.5. I have Galaxy Note, there is a process manager built-in in the system and it shows mamory and cpu usage. If I reopen PPSSPP after doing something else, I can see with process manager how its RAM usage increases rapidly until it is unloaded (goes up to around 1Gb and then dies). CPU usage is also extreme during this leak (50%, should mean two cores fully used).

BTW, is JIT only 2-core capable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Android memory leak
Have you tried a recent git build? There was a memory leak associated with using cso files that was recently fixed.

-[Unknown]
02-13-2013, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 09:28 PM by Arcangel.)
I have to try it for confirm it. And then I will say.

At the moment Jit is just 1 Core capable and if your phone is Galaxy Note 1 That has 2 cores then the 50% will mean this.

In a while I will post my results, This happen to you with all games?

No, I tested -424 from yesterday and it doesn't happen to me but not much better.

I'm not able to return to PPSSPP aplication the phone freeze and after a while close the application, but nothing about getting more ram.

And before when I was able to return ppsspp on previous versions for me it never return to the game it close the game and come to the menu.
03-01-2013, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 08:57 PM by 3flight.)
Tried today on todays git build - same thing. I tested Guily Gear Judgement cso, but i remember it was with iso's soo. Screenshot attached. One CPU is used to max and RAM usage grows until app is unloaded by system because it took too much.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Is this for all games or just certain ones? Strange...

-[Unknown]
03-02-2013, 05:54 AM
This happens with two similar .cso games (both Guilty Gear series) I have at the moment. I think I will download a few more games to test this.