Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Save File Transfer/FPS Optimization
02-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Save File Transfer/FPS Optimization
Hey, glad to be a part of the forums now. I just wanted to ask about the save files. I have a save file on my android and I was wondering if it was possible to transfer the file to my computer while having it playable

My other question would be if there was a guide to optimize FPS. I used the speed up guide and it simply ruined everything. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4. The previous speed was nice but there were some random bugs and spikes so I tried to see if it could be removed. The game I was playing was Fate/Extra.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 04:20 AM
RE: Save File Transfer/FPS Optimization
~~> hello!
welcome here.
maybe visit http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4505
to introduce. Smile

i not good at explaining, so maybe Raimoo-kun, or other member is explain to you Smile

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
02-21-2014, 04:24 AM
Thank you. I'm more looking for some help rather than to introduce myself though. Smile
02-21-2014, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 04:31 AM by Goddess of Death.)
i understand Smile

so, here is game http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=264

and Fate/Extra CCC http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...r#pid57182

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
02-21-2014, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 04:34 AM by solarmystic.)
(02-21-2014 04:10 AM)- Zekk Wrote:  Hey, glad to be a part of the forums now. I just wanted to ask about the save files. I have a save file on my android and I was wondering if it was possible to transfer the file to my computer while having it playable

Yes, you can most definitely transfer it over. Just copy over the memstick folder from your Android device to the ppsspp directory in your Windows PC. All done.

(02-21-2014 04:10 AM)- Zekk Wrote:  My other question would be if there was a guide to optimize FPS. I used the speed up guide and it simply ruined everything. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4. The previous speed was nice but there were some random bugs and spikes so I tried to see if it could be removed. The game I was playing was Fate/Extra.

If you used my speed up guide and found that it caused worse results than before, you can always reset it back to the defaults by using the "Restore PPSSPP's settings to default" option located in Settings --> System. Most of the settings that are recommended in the guide are actually enabled by default, with the exception of the speedhacks and the frameskipping options.

It should not have been the case though, since I've tested every setting myself. My recommendations are based on actual testing with actual devices and measurements taken before and after.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
02-21-2014, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 04:45 AM by - Zekk.)
Thank you solarmystic but I've tried to copy the memstick folder over. Did not work. It gave me some sort of message. I'll do it again now and report back with the message itself. As for your guide, I'll try it again but what I got from it was really, really low FPS. I can try it again though.

Error: After "Kernel Modules", found 541412424 (ox20454C48) instead of save marker 66 (0x42). Aborting savestateload.

I took all the folders identical from my phone to what was in my PC memstick folder and put them in the computer memstick folder. I then loaded up the game and hit load state which froze. I then tried load state file, and chose the save state file. It gave me that error.
02-21-2014, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 05:07 AM by solarmystic.)
(02-21-2014 04:37 AM)- Zekk Wrote:  Error: After "Kernel Modules", found 541412424 (ox20454C48) instead of save marker 66 (0x42). Aborting savestateload.

I took all the folders identical from my phone to what was in my PC memstick folder and put them in the computer memstick folder. I then loaded up the game and hit load state which froze. I then tried load state file, and chose the save state file. It gave me that error.

Ah.. I forgot to mention that only actual hard saved files would work. Save state compatibility between different platforms is a bit suspect, especially in the older builds. There are 2 ways around this limitation:-

1. Load up your save states in your phone, play the game(s) until you have the opportunity to make a proper save (i.e. savedata, not save states). Transfer those saves over, and it should work.

2. Upgrade to a newer 0.9.7 build on your phone. Load the older savestate, then make a new one on the new version. Transfer those savestates over to the PC that's also using the same new version of the emulator. It should then work.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
02-21-2014, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 06:05 AM by - Zekk.)
Trying it now. Just downloading the new android one.

God damn. I've a new error. When starting up the new PPSSPP on computer, it tells me im missing a file. I remember fixing this problem really easily, but I forgot how.

Why do I get that damn MSVCP110 error every time I install PPSSPP? I downloading that microsoft package doesn't help.

Worked and the save worked thank you so much. God damn I hate these time squandering processes but it was worth it. Thanks again. I'm going to go smash my head against a wall now.