Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
04-28-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Yeah, I reverted it since it broke two games. I also found that forcing render-to-framebuffer to 480x272 made things look a lot better, but I'm sure it breaks other games... hmm.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Any ETA on fixing these issues with this? -
It loads up, flashes the square enix sign then goes to another menu where its all black.
-Cannot see any menu's or any type of buttons aside from the movie gallery area.
-wont play any of the gallery movies,
-crashes when I try and start what I beleive is a new game.
-Have on Dynarec, Fast Mem, Encrypt save, Vertex Cache
-Hardware Transform
-Stream VBO
-Media Engine
-Linear Filtering
-Frame Skipping
-Buffered Rendering.
Everything else is off.Well, Aside from the controls.
Have sound tho, which is more than what I can say for my other 2 games Disgaea Afternoon of darkness and Ragnarok Tactics
-Im playing on a Nexus 7 tablet.
06-24-2013, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 12:14 PM by sirquasenada.)
Hi friends,

With the new version of the emulator (0.8) the game is now half-playable at least 'til the first in game save game.

But the first menu where you can chose between start a new game and load a previous saved game still with the black screen, making you memorize the position of the load game, new game and options (?) order.

The second issue i have experienced is the fact of there's no cutscenes in game, the screen goes black and you only have a sound (if this one doesn't break, here i'm not sure if the sound breaks because of me, or the game itself isn't been proper emulated (?).

Be aware that i am testing the game in the version 0.8v6 and 0.8v36 i don't know if other versions can make this problems that i have found disapear. But i think is a huge progress in this game, wich always have been a pain in the ass for others emulators (sorry for my french here).

Well, thats it for now, i hope i've been make myself clear enough here, because as you can see i'm not a native english speek, so my grammar is very poor, and for that i'm sorry.

That's all folks, see ya'
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Hello folks. first post here. I'm trying this game on Android (RAZR Maxx) and only getting audio, no video at all except the video animation in the beginning. On PC I see the same thing someone posted above for Android, with only the left edge of the screen working, the rest is black.
07-27-2013, 11:57 PM
this great game must be played!
08-21-2013, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 05:17 PM by sfageas.)
If you set Framebuffer to CPU or GPU the menu options will displayed correctly(image 1)As i quicksaved that happened(image 2)
The movies and gameplay need simple buffered rendering to set the image in fullscreen(image 3 with Framebuffer to CPU to image 4 with BR ON) but the game 'frozen' at this point(image 5) while the music playing in background and you can only see the past dialog by pressing L bracket(image 6)
Also the emulator crashed once randomly,i will try to reproduce it
I forgot to add that you need to set the texture filtering to Nearest to fix the random lines

Log :
Code:
http://pastebin.com/W1K1je8A

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Not a real solution but using save files can avoid the game freeze during the opening. You will be missing like 30min~ opening story but no biggie IMO. I was able to play through the first dungeon (the tutorial with Freya) and got Belenus without any problem.

Here is the page that has some playable save data.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/931113-valky...neth/saves
09-02-2013, 12:23 AM
It is not just in the very beginning the game that the game freezes. It also freezes at the part where the ghoul FMV would play. Seems that whatever transitions the game into the FMV is not working correctly.
09-18-2013, 03:11 AM
Totally wrecked... cant even load my saved game... freezes when starting new game after lenneth talks with odin and freya...
09-19-2013, 06:03 AM
The logo/title should be looking better now in buffered mode .Just wonder game still freeze ?
09-19-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 09:42 PM by solarmystic.)
(09-19-2013 06:03 AM)jacky400 Wrote:  The logo/title should be looking better now in buffered mode .Just wonder game still freeze ?

Yeah, the game still freezes after your first conversation with Odin/Freya and Lenneth, even using the latest revision (0.9.1.-1062)

[Image: i9vZjeO3LOxSm.jpg]

Tested with rig in sig and using 1xRendering Resolution since and higher will cause lines to appear on character portraits.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
09-20-2013, 02:32 PM
I see pretty bad
09-28-2013, 03:56 PM
on v0.9.1, game also stalls at the intro sequence when lenneth is supposed to materialize her valkyrie form. the game is waiting for something that isn't happening.

the random grid lines on character portraits can be "removed" by using texture scaling to whatever multiple your rendering resolution is.
10-03-2013, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 01:14 PM by Urusaiii.)
Help please. i am currently using ppsspp v0.9.1 32-bit my valkyrie -lenneth- is stuck. here is the photo (attached) the sound of the game is still on going, but it is supposed to play a.... "cinematic"? video? in the game. i don't know if the problem is the emulator? or the cso. sorry for the bad english. thanks in advance Smile

Attached File(s)
.bmp  untitled.bmp (Size: 298.69 KB / Downloads: 1239)
10-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Any news?