Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
02-11-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 08:04 AM by udllpn.)
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
I've been doing some testing and this is what I've found:

- The v0.9.6-881 revision allows objects to be examined in Windows (with 'Read Framebuffers to Memory' enabled), but not in Android.
- v0.9.6 stable does not work with Android.
- v0.9.5-9 does not work with Android.
- v0.9.1 stable works perfectly with Android.
- The v0.9-10 revision works perfectly with Android.

I have not been able to try more versions because they are not available on Github.

Somewhere in the middle, compatibility was broken, so I think it might be easily fixed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Found 0.9.1 and got it working when setting it to buffer with cpu but the audio is so chopped up. Any fix?
02-12-2014, 07:23 AM
I've opened an issue at GitHub explaining the situation.

Apparently, a change made between the v0.9.1-1573 and the v0.9.1-1724 revisions caused this to happen. It would be very helpful if anyone could help narrow it down, but it is currently very difficult to get hold of very old apks.
02-12-2014, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 01:23 PM by DenLee.)
EDIT: OK, not needed anymore. I managed to find a savefile right at needed chapter 5 for an old version of ppsspp here in comments: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/dr1/error-reports/
All you need to do is find the old version, make a save in-game, copy the memstick folder to your new version and load in-game.

Can anyone, PLEASE, zip and post the Danganronpa save folder? I've lost my entire HDD data, including the save file with many hours worth of progress. Sad (I just managed to reach the "roof" looking floor, can't go into details due to spoilers).

Thanks a lot, you would save me a lot of trouble!
02-15-2014, 12:46 PM
(01-28-2014 09:43 AM)Tsvi89 Wrote:  Can you post a pic of your settings? Because i'v got Galaxsy S4 and i cant click on objects, even if I change memory to CPU.. and I have the latest version too.

I apologize for the late reply.. If it's still relevant to you here are the screenshots. All the other settings are not selected.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-15-2014, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 01:40 PM by udllpn.)
(02-15-2014 12:46 PM)Nemesis526 Wrote:  I apologize for the late reply.. If it's still relevant to you here are the screenshots. All the other settings are not selected.

Which PPSSPP version are you using? I've tried replicating your settings using the latest built, but I can't seem to be able to click on any object.

Could you post the rest of your settings? Could you give us any more information?

Thanks.
02-16-2014, 11:20 AM
(02-15-2014 01:39 PM)udllpn Wrote:  Which PPSSPP version are you using? I've tried replicating your settings using the latest built, but I can't seem to be able to click on any object.

Could you post the rest of your settings? Could you give us any more information?

Thanks.

Don't know why but I can get screenshots right now. I'll list the setting that I have

All settings in Features: Off

Performance
Rendering Resolution: 1xPSP
Hardware Transform, Software Skinning, & Vertex Cache: Selected
Mipmapping, Lazy Texture, Retain Changed: Not Selected

Texture Scaling
Upscale Level: Off
Upscale Type: xBRZ
Deposterize: Not Selected

Texture Filtering
Anisotropic Filtering: Off
Texture Filler: Auto

Hack Setting, Overlay Information, & Debugging: Off

Emulation
Fast Memory, Multithreaded, I/O on Thread: Selected
CPU Clock: 0
Everything Else: Not Selected

Developer Tools
Dynarec & Enable Debug Logging: Selected
Everything Else: Not Selected

I should add that my phone is not rooted. Hope it helps.
02-16-2014, 11:26 AM
One more question. What is your PPSSPP revision? You can see the information in the main screen. I think this is the most crucial piece of information.

After using the latest version and those settings in my 2012 Nexus 7, the problem still remains, so I don't really know where the problem is.

Thanks for your time.
02-16-2014, 11:55 AM
It's the most recent version 0.9.7
02-16-2014, 12:23 PM
(02-16-2014 11:55 AM)Nemesis526 Wrote:  It's the most recent version 0.9.7

Well, then this is certainly strange. Both of us are using Android devices, the 0.9.7 revision and the same settings, but the results are clearly different. I guess we can't do much more.

Thanks again.
02-27-2014, 04:15 AM
Same... ever since i upgraded to the newest one, i cant play danganronpa anymore even with the proper settings that worked for me when i had the 0.91-1-g0a0377a. wanted to use the latest one because the gameplay is a lot smoother. using unrooted 2012 nexus 7 too Sad
03-01-2014, 03:59 PM
So, I have one question too. Recently I downloaded PPSSPP from google play (0.9.7.2) And I can't interact with object, I mean I can, I turned on read framebuffers to memory CPU and i can interact with them after doing so but the game's FPS drops significantly (it's playable but very unpleasant) and I wanted to ask if downloading lastest build can help? And another question why is the option multithreading inactive in the options?

Thanks in advance

My phone is HTC One
03-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Okay. So I've tried the solutions I can find here but didn't work. I tried it on the 8.1 version (can't seem to find other builds on github since they only offer 9.0 above) and the latest one (0.9.7.2). On the 8.1 version, it works just fine until the interaction scene wherein I can't click on anything. I can't do the rendering thing on the 8.1 version 'cause it doesn't support it yet. On the latest version (0.9.7.2), whenever I try framebuffers to memory either CPU or GPU, the game just crashes.

I have an nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT. Might be my video card for all I know. :<

Do you guys have any idea how to fix this? I want to play it so bad. D;
03-04-2014, 03:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 08:15 AM by Ydnef.)
i want play this game, hope devs fix it. Sad - Monokuma laughs as you cry -
03-08-2014, 04:27 PM
bump? :<