Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
07-03-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
(07-03-2013 03:34 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 02:34 AM)wamuzu Wrote:  Can someone help me fix my problem? Whenever I set FramebufferstoMem = True the game lags horribly, as soon as i set it to False or there's no lag at all, completely smooth. Now that analyzing has been fixed I would like to use the fix, but with this lag...its not possible, so far ive been simply using software rendering on jpcsp in order to investigate and then doing the rest on PPSSPP.

My friend who has a slightly weaker version of my computer is able to run it just fine, so I don't understand.

I have an i5 quad-core, I'm pretty sure that's more than enough.

EDIT: Another detail, the FPS is 60.0, however the speed is around 40.

It's not a matter of your CPU. What GPU do you have?

If your answer is some form of Intel Integrated Solution like the HD 3000/4000, you're out of luck.

If your answer is NVIDIA, it should be perfect with just the FramebufferstoMem = True with no slowdowns. With reasonable settings of course. I imagine you're complaining of slowdown, and have cranked all the graphics settings to maximum. Turn them down. Combined with the FramebufferstoMem hack, it can get really heavy.

Also, when in doubt, reset back to default settings and try again with just the FramebufferstoMem = True hack. Disable all enhancements like 2xSSAA, Texture Scaling etc.

If your answer is AMD/ATI, there is an experimental build that uses an additional hack for accuracy to work properly. Get it here:-

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1myg_Qi...sp=sharing

In the ppsspp.ini file set FramebufferstoMem = True and FramebuffersCPUConvert = True for this special build.
Hello, I used the build in your link and no matter what I set the two options to in the .ini I get major lag when starting Dangan Ronpa. I've got an i5 CPU 750 and ATI 5770 graphics card.

Not sure if this pic would help, but this is while the logo starts to fade out a bit:
[Image: CNjKaw6.png]
It takes a very long time to get past this, but the frames (and framebuffer) are ~60fps, and you can see the total number of frames is pretty high. The actual rate at which the image changes is maybe 3-5fps.

As I was fiddling with the graphics options and frameskip and all that, I then got frustrated and started writing this post. Eventually the game progressed to the title screen and... it ran flawlessly. Full speed, looks great, and I can interact with the correct points on the screen.

At this point I have all the graphics options turned back on, and it still runs great. Reseting the emulator and the intro loads ridiculously slowly still, but loading a savestate gets me back into the game immediately.

You could also set the framerate to something like 600 or unlimited (press F3) to get to the title screen faster.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 12:41 PM by mister seta 123.)
That's an issue from recent builds, and it was fixed on github. It had to do with the video buffer being too small or something like that, and making it huge fixes that problem.
Anyways, that intro it's not that important, and you can skip it by pressing start, without needing waiting for it to finish.

Apart from that, game now works flawless on my AMD/ATI card for the moment. ^^ Thanks for uploading the build, I wasn't able to build it on my own, it always said that the build failed on Visual C++ Express 2010.

EDIT: Here's the video issue link: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/2587
07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
The issue was that the video in question has no audio stream, and the playback in the emulator was trying to sync the video and audio timestamps, which made it slower and slower each frame. If you hold tab, it should be able to fast forward past it.

-[Unknown]
07-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Hey, just wanted to say that I'm already at chapter 3, and no problems so far with the AMD/ATI build. ^^
The text glitch is a bit anoying sometimes, but it doesn't affect nonstop debates, I guess it's okay for the moment.

One question. Can I change the key combiation for Full Screen Toggle? My laptop keyboard doesn't have Return key, I have to edit ppsspp.ini everytime I want to turn it off. Confused
07-04-2013, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 10:45 AM by ShedoSurashu.)
(07-04-2013 09:40 AM)mister seta 123 Wrote:  Hey, just wanted to say that I'm already at chapter 3, and no problems so far with the AMD/ATI build. ^^
The text glitch is a bit anoying sometimes, but it doesn't affect nonstop debates, I guess it's okay for the moment.

One question. Can I change the key combiation for Full Screen Toggle? My laptop keyboard doesn't have Return key, I have to edit ppsspp.ini everytime I want to turn it off. Confused

Umm, your Return key is the same as the Enter key.

Is there a smaller version of the AMD build other than 41mb? My connection is currently shit and I can only download < 10mb which will take an hour or so.

☕ PSP-3001 CFW 6.60 PRO-B10
▶▶ Twin Blades | Shin Megami Tensei: Persona | 探偵オペラ ミルキィホームズ
✦ http://j.mp/Backloggery
07-04-2013, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 11:29 AM by mister seta 123.)
(07-04-2013 10:41 AM)ShedoSurashu Wrote:  Umm, your Return key is the same as the Enter key.

Oh, my bad. xD I didn't tried that one. Forgive my folishness.
07-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Which build are you guys using? I'm using the latest build and crashed during Class Trial Confused
07-04-2013, 05:40 PM
using the latest build, bufferingtomem thingy true and all, and it works great in renderer 1 except when characters start speaking, framerate drops hard. It isn't really affecting the gameplay, but it can get a bit annoying. Do I just deal with it for the time or is there some kind of fix for it?

Other than that game works fine and the "wrong object" bug so far only happens in higher renderers.
07-05-2013, 04:31 AM
AMD 5770. Using the modded build of PPSSPP that allows you to click on objects. Had no problems until case 6.

I am always crash in a specific part. Data processing room. Just after going back into the monokuma room AFTER speaking to the monokuma. Asahina auto talks and around the time Katagiri's face appears I crash.

Can't progress.

Any advice?
07-05-2013, 06:34 AM
which build? can you give me the link
07-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Game gets stuck in an endless loop of loading before the start of Chapter 05's Class Trial, after "Court is now in session" (still works, BGM still plays, but doesn't "load" thus the game cannot advance). Log also stops (no new lines).

Using the same ISO and save data, I can atest that JPCSP doesn't have the problem (I can get past the event without any problem, however due to how much JPCSP lags, I cannot get through the Class Trial).
07-06-2013, 03:05 AM
I'm stuck at the trial, after the "Court is now in session" text appears, it crashed
07-06-2013, 03:12 AM
As I said I got the issue with chapter 05's trial and that's it. I didn't get the crash in any other trials (just finished the game).

To bypass the issue, I transferred save files and finished chapter 05's trial in JPCSP.
07-06-2013, 07:09 AM
I'm getting the Chapter 6 crash, too, using v0.8.1-330. I'm on a Radeon 6870. Oddly, I have had no other crashes at any point in the game, even chapter 5 trial. This is also happening on the test branch made for the fix. Also, if you save in the dialog leading up to the crash and load that save, you can still access the chapter select menu and edit the options, but trying to resume from where you left off crashes the game (even though it's not at the specific crash point). This happens in 8.1 as well as the latest snapshot. Frustratingly, I can't get any of my saves to work in JPCSP so I can't even bypass this crash.
07-06-2013, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 08:15 AM by Accelerator.)
Using v0.8.1-331, it crashes as soon as it enters a 3D area providing buffered rendering is on. If I disable it, it works fine except I can't do shit.

Edit: Disabling frametobuffer thingy seems to fix the crashing fix but it renders me incapable of doing anything, buffered rendering on or not, I can't click on objects/NPCs/Anything.