Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
06-27-2013, 04:12 AM
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
I've seen reports of people saying its fix in the newest build.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
With the new builds of PPSSPP, you can now examine things but depending on your PC, you may have the wrong things examined and some items cannot be examined at all due to this bug.
This can prevent progression very early in the game during Chapter 1, when you're in your room and you must examine everything.
It seems to happen mostly on AMD cards, a solution that has been given is to play the game in 1x render resolution but sadly it doesn't work for me.
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 01:53 PM by mister seta 123.)
I have an ATI HD 4570, and it doesn't work at all for me. I cannot examine anything. I tried build 0.8.1-48-g23da619, and started a new game.

The first video has sound though, but voices doesn't work either.

EDIT: Okay, voices work. I just didn't know that outside trials there are only some clips of voices.
06-27-2013, 03:04 PM
To examine items, you must open ppsspp.ini find the line FramebuffersToMem and replace False by True.
But I recommend you to wait because AMD cards have the problem I mentioned above. At the point you are, it will take you about 30 minutes to get stuck again.
06-27-2013, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 03:55 PM by chronoso.)
Yeah it's not working.....

(06-27-2013 08:28 AM)Komus Wrote:  With the new builds of PPSSPP, you can now examine things but depending on your PC, you may have the wrong things examined and some items cannot be examined at all due to this bug.
This can prevent progression very early in the game during Chapter 1, when you're in your room and you must examine everything.
It seems to happen mostly on AMD cards, a solution that has been given is to play the game in 1x render resolution but sadly it doesn't work for me.

what build is it?
06-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Newest build doesn't fix it on my end. Also the Spike intro is laggy now...
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
On an AMD card, and the game now lets me progress, but only to the point in Chapter 1 where you're stuck in your room. As said, investigating some objects will investigate other objects instead and you can't progress.
06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
anyone come up with a fix for this yet? So far I've had to alternate between JPCSP and PPSSPP to play this game. Oh and now JPCSP won't read my PPSSPP save files....so there's that....I just really want to play this game.
06-28-2013, 04:00 PM
I've been playing through the game on an AMD card, using JPCSP whenever I can't progress in PPSSPP. Though I've run into some more problems I haven't seen anyone reporting so I'm wondering if it's another AMD issue. At the start of the first trial, once I choose "finish preperations" on the pretrial screen, the game freezes and PPSSPP closes with a "PPSSPP has stopped working" message popping up. Because you can't save in the trials, I'd have to play the entire trial in JPCSP which is not gonna work for me due to horrible frame rate and input lag. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone been able to play the first trial? The trial worked in the demo so I was expecting it to work this time. I've tried using the modded PPSSPP and the latest build (8.1.63). I've had problems with the game loading rooms or saves with the game freezing sometimes as well (though PPSSPP doesn't close with the stopped message) and had to use JPCSP progress and I haven't seen anyone reporting problems like that either.
06-28-2013, 05:30 PM
(06-28-2013 04:00 PM)vysethelegend47 Wrote:  I've been playing through the game on an AMD card, using JPCSP whenever I can't progress in PPSSPP. Though I've run into some more problems I haven't seen anyone reporting so I'm wondering if it's another AMD issue. At the start of the first trial, once I choose "finish preperations" on the pretrial screen, the game freezes and PPSSPP closes with a "PPSSPP has stopped working" message popping up. Because you can't save in the trials, I'd have to play the entire trial in JPCSP which is not gonna work for me due to horrible frame rate and input lag. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone been able to play the first trial? The trial worked in the demo so I was expecting it to work this time. I've tried using the modded PPSSPP and the latest build (8.1.63). I've had problems with the game loading rooms or saves with the game freezing sometimes as well (though PPSSPP doesn't close with the stopped message) and had to use JPCSP progress and I haven't seen anyone reporting problems like that either.
Hey, how do you transfer over ppsspp save files to jpcsp? I can transfer jpcsp save files over to ppsspp but whenever I try to move one from ppsspp to jpcsp it comes up with some debug error.
06-29-2013, 01:46 AM
(06-28-2013 05:30 PM)chronoso Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 04:00 PM)vysethelegend47 Wrote:  I've been playing through the game on an AMD card, using JPCSP whenever I can't progress in PPSSPP. Though I've run into some more problems I haven't seen anyone reporting so I'm wondering if it's another AMD issue. At the start of the first trial, once I choose "finish preperations" on the pretrial screen, the game freezes and PPSSPP closes with a "PPSSPP has stopped working" message popping up. Because you can't save in the trials, I'd have to play the entire trial in JPCSP which is not gonna work for me due to horrible frame rate and input lag. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone been able to play the first trial? The trial worked in the demo so I was expecting it to work this time. I've tried using the modded PPSSPP and the latest build (8.1.63). I've had problems with the game loading rooms or saves with the game freezing sometimes as well (though PPSSPP doesn't close with the stopped message) and had to use JPCSP progress and I haven't seen anyone reporting problems like that either.
Hey, how do you transfer over ppsspp save files to jpcsp? I can transfer jpcsp save files over to ppsspp but whenever I try to move one from ppsspp to jpcsp it comes up with some debug error.

You have to go to crypto in the config options and select Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode
06-29-2013, 04:50 PM
(06-29-2013 01:46 AM)supervamp Wrote:  
(06-28-2013 05:30 PM)chronoso Wrote:  

You have to go to crypto in the config options and select Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode
thanks
06-30-2013, 12:09 AM
(06-27-2013 03:04 PM)Komus Wrote:  To examine items, you must open ppsspp.ini find the line FramebuffersToMem and replace False by True.
But I recommend you to wait because AMD cards have the problem I mentioned above. At the point you are, it will take you about 30 minutes to get stuck again.

My ppsspp.ini doesn't have that line at all. I've tried deleting the file so PPSSPP could generate another but it also gave me no results.

Also tried adding that line on my own, but it gave no results.
06-30-2013, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 01:51 AM by solarmystic.)
(06-30-2013 12:09 AM)GabrieliosP Wrote:  
(06-27-2013 03:04 PM)Komus Wrote:  To examine items, you must open ppsspp.ini find the line FramebuffersToMem and replace False by True.

My ppsspp.ini doesn't have that line at all. I've tried deleting the file so PPSSPP could generate another but it also gave me no results.

Also tried adding that line on my own, but it gave no results.

Are you using the latest ppsspp build from the buildbot?

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

The hack was added in very recently.

Don't forget to add in the FramebuffersToMem entry in the latest build if it's not generated automatically

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the selection issue at the start of the game on an Android device(using a Galaxy Note 2)? Tried looking to see if there was an .ini file I could modify with the FramebufferstoMem line but couldn't find one, turned on and off a variety of settings(Hardware transform, Buffered Rendering, Vertex Cache), tried five builds(currently using v0.8.1-125-gf5da5f4).