Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
05-22-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
(05-21-2016 02:35 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Sounds like the Mali-400 may not download the pixel data exactly correctly. Try making sure you're using 1x PSP. If you connect your phone and look in PSP/SYSTEM, download ppsspp.ini and change "TrueColor" to false. Then upload it again. Does that help at all?

These things probably won't help, unfortunately. It might be that your device always dithers the buffer.

Also, try pressing O or other buttons, and try targeting other objects.

-[Unknown]

I try today. And see whats happen.
Then write here.
I have hope i can play normaly in this game.
Just want finish this second time.

I playing PPSSPP on this devices right now:

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (AOSP ROM Android 4.4.4,600 RAM, Other speed up mod,Toshiba 16GB Class 10)
PSP E-1004 with 16GB card

Android Modding is my passion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2016, 10:30 AM
I tried set TrueColor to False.
The Save file and play DanganRonpa
But dosent help.
Only 0 button, start button, and triangle button respond.
X button dosent work. I cannot investigate first room in game.
I tried in default setting (no framebuffer =faster game work) and i do not change anything.
Unfornately i dosent have a change to finish This game second time.
Life is brutal.
I give up with This game. Maybe other time someone figure on Android phone how finish this game without problems.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (AOSP ROM Android 4.4.4,600 RAM, Other speed up mod,Toshiba 16GB Class 10)

08-05-2016, 10:25 AM
I tried this game on my new phone. And this is results.
On non buffered rendering mode game work 100% speed. But i cant choose anything in class etc.
When i set buffer mode to Buffered Rendering then game works . I can choose anythig i class to investigate etc. But on Buffered Rendering mode my games is slow. Too slow.
I tried rhis game on this smartphone yesterday
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_f70_d315-6133.php

08-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Yeah, the effects this game uses are probably a bit taxing on the driver and GPU emulation - an Adreno 305 and 1.2Ghz CPU probably won't be able to run it at full speed.

Frameskip might help.

-[Unknown]
10-15-2016, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2016 05:29 PM by Tabris666.)
(05-23-2016 10:30 AM)Kurajmo Wrote:  I tried set TrueColor to False.
The Save file and play DanganRonpa
But dosent help.
Only 0 button, start button, and triangle button respond.
X button dosent work. I cannot investigate first room in game.
I tried in default setting (no framebuffer =faster game work) and i do not change anything.
Unfornately i dosent have a change to finish This game second time.
Life is brutal.
I give up with This game. Maybe other time someone figure on Android phone how finish this game without problems.
Why american keep thinking that all games are controlled by pressing "X" button,did you heard what it said or read what it said in game to investigate pass over the target when a box appear press the maru button (CIRCLE) it didnt say press the batsu button (X) all the japanese games use the circle button.
abnormally due to that developers of the emulator just try to get the game to work with the X button which causes tons of problem making the games imposible to play,even if the game is patched is still a japan region game,this caused save problem on tns of japanese games because they adapted the emulator to work with X button instead of the native button input.
This should be moved to playable,Played from beggining to end no problems at all,the game only have voices during trials or cutscenes
07-20-2017, 08:38 PM
This thread is pretty definitively dead but I'm hoping someone can still help me.

I'm playing on android (Amazon Fire HD 8 if that's relevant) and I'm having the issue where I can't select anything in investigation mode. I've used buffered rendering, I've used read to memory, etc but I still cannot select anything. (Yes, I have tried every object, and I've tried every button for each too. Seriously, nothing works.) Is there anything else I should try? does one of those actually work and I just texted it wrong? Is there a version of the game that will work on android? Or another version of this emulator (or another emulator altogether) that can play this game?

This game is the sole reason I downloaded the emulator so I will be pretty bummed if it can't work. Also, I don't normally use emulators so please excuse me if I have trouble understanding some things.
05-23-2019, 07:40 PM
Sorry for the necrobump. Created an account to post this. I'm having trouble getting Danganronpa (English Translated) to work. Investigating objects is broken in latest PPSSPP. An earlier version of PPSSPP runs this game just fine, but the latest doesn't want to play nice unfortunately. I captured some footage to show the issue in better detail.

Danganronpa running on PPSSPP v0.9.1
(minor text issues, no investigate issue)
Seems playable.

Danganronpa running on PPSSPP v1.8.0
(solved text issue, unsolved investigate issue)
The only other framebuffer setting did not work, tried capturing but I was having issues with my capture card on my second attempt.
Interestingly enough, if you press O here to get the room exit prompt, it will "fix" the object issue until an object is selected again. I didn't know that until I was recording this and messed around.

I really hope this can get fixed. The newer version has some nice settings I like, and version switching (uninstall/reinstall) is annoying :/
06-01-2019, 04:53 PM
(05-23-2019 07:40 PM)lenkotarski Wrote:  Sorry for the necrobump. Created an account to post this. I'm having trouble getting Danganronpa (English Translated) to work. Investigating objects is broken in latest PPSSPP. An earlier version of PPSSPP runs this game just fine, but the latest doesn't want to play nice unfortunately. I captured some footage to show the issue in better detail.

Danganronpa running on PPSSPP v0.9.1
(minor text issues, no investigate issue)
Seems playable.

Danganronpa running on PPSSPP v1.8.0
(solved text issue, unsolved investigate issue)
The only other framebuffer setting did not work, tried capturing but I was having issues with my capture card on my second attempt.
Interestingly enough, if you press O here to get the room exit prompt, it will "fix" the object issue until an object is selected again. I didn't know that until I was recording this and messed around.

I really hope this can get fixed. The newer version has some nice settings I like, and version switching (uninstall/reinstall) is annoying :/

Same.
v1.7.4 was perfect.
06-02-2019, 05:52 PM
Will be fixed in a git build soon:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/12077

-[Unknown]
11-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Hi, just got to chapter 5 and got in the scene when you found the body of a masked man. After that and the title of the chapter, it only a appears the screen loading non-stop. Can't do anything. Is there any solution to this?

I'm playing on the android version of the PPSSPP emulator and got the iso in CDromance

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)