Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 10:22 AM by sfageas.)
Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
Title: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best) [NPJH50515]
Region: JP
Format: ISO
Version ppsspp: v0.6.1
Compatability: In-game
Notes:
- The game run through to the menu with full option and good FPS. Game played well.
- The D-pad when scroll top to above isn't stable. (e.g press up on the 2nd line but it run through to the 4th line, skip the 1st line)
- Problem with some text lines in the game, for example the description of the "BGM Volume" in the Option function. Sometimes they dissappear, sometimes only half of there text is appear (like the "a" with only half above appear, the other half dissappear)
Fixed: I must said the text runs like crazy, it doesn't fit with it script. I mean this line must be in here and that line must be in there. But no!
- No BGM, no character voice and no cutsceen too.

Also, I don't know how to post a log, so if someone can tell me the way how, I will make a new update with the log file and some screenshots of the game. Big Grin
I am really greatful too if someone can point out some mistake or missing in this post for me, I will try hard to give a hand to improve the emulator.

Ok, new error.

When you can fully control the character in the first time, you will need to do some action is called 'investigate'.

Unfortunately, the game need to use a function like a bull-eye to focus into some objects like the clock, the table, etc. But it didn't worked, so the game cannot continue until you investigate the first place, that's mean the bull-eye need to be work.

Also, the FPS still run smooth. There is some screens that PPSSPP run smoother than JPCSP, and that make me really happy. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: [PC] [v0.6.1] Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
Ok, here are some screenshots.

Only a few texts appear fully and in their right places, but most of the other are mess up.

I also upload a screenshot about the bull-eye function that I have told yesterday. Usually it must pop out some lights, graphics and sounds when it point in into something. In this case is the paper that on top of the table.

Neither Buffered Rendering nor Linear Filtering is working. And I still wait for the tutorial for posting a log file. Sad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-09-2013, 05:34 AM
RE: [PC] [v0.6.1] Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
You can post a log file by doing one of two things:

Way #1: Create a "User" folder in the same place as PPSSPPWindows.exe. Inside that, create a "Logs" folder. A log will appear inside there.

Way #2: Start PPSSPPWindows.exe from the command line or via a shortcut with the following argument: --log=mylogfile.txt
This will create a file named mylogfile.txt and store the log in there.

-[Unknown]
02-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Thank you so much [Unknown] for your tutorial. Big Grin

So here is the log file for this game. I don't know why the attach system didn't allowed this file type.

The first time I try create a log is has more than 20MB storage. (what the!?)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j62kt9o0g7kgj3...pa%201.rar
02-10-2013, 04:59 AM
I don't see any font calls, so looks like this is either graphics or texture cache issues. What you can try to verify this is going to a screen where the text looks funny, and then simply going to File -> Quicksave State. If the text corrects itself, it's a texture cache issue.

I've got some plans to make the texture cache better but I have to be careful since it can make games slow if it's not lightweight.

-[Unknown]
02-10-2013, 05:03 AM
I just tried like you said and the emulator stop working immediately.
02-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Did it crash with 0.6.1 or with a git build? A recent bug was fixed in savestates, but there may be more. I'm hoping it works in the git builds.

-[Unknown]
02-11-2013, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 04:55 PM by kingofgame981.)
I have re-download two version, one is v0.6.1 on the main page, and the other is build v0.6-379.

The first one still gave me the text problem, but the second one looks like you guys have fixed it. The texts in the game have appeared normaly. Also about the "File -> Quicksave State" you said earlier, both of them still crash when I clicked on it.

Ok, so here is my new log for build v0.6-383. Only the text problem was fixed. I also add one more log file that I had when I tested with this game but contain the translation patch in it. The problem is there is a black screen at the start, the game cannot run.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk5j41tx12ltn8....6-383.rar
02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
I think I fixed the savestate issue, can you try now?

-[Unknown]
02-13-2013, 03:08 AM
I still got the crushed on build #433. Sad
02-13-2013, 06:21 AM
Just to confirm, this happens when you savestate or when you load a state you saved with the same build?

Unfortunately, loading a state created by another git build isn't supported right now. That might definitely crash.

-[Unknown]
02-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Well, I create a whole new folder include the new git build in its. Then I try both savestate and load and still crash.

Hope this might help.
06-23-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013 10:46 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen ro Zetsubou no Koukousei (PSP The Best)
Just a quick update.

The game is nearly playable using the latest git builds right now. (ppsspp-v0.7.6-1564-g30efa52)

Perfect music, perfect audio/voices and all the video cutscenes play flawlessly.

The only problem is the sometimes screwed up fonts (as shown in screenshot attachment 2), and yes i'm using the PSP's original fonts so it shouldn't be a factor:-

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5810]

Screenshots taken from the 100% fantranslated version of the game, patch available here:-

http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/2013/06...tion-v1-0/

If the fonts didn't screw up occasionally, I'd deem this game completely playable but it's not the case, so it will have to stay ingame for a while.

Log console doesn't show anything out of the ordinary about the fonts/textures itself while the font screwups happen though:-

[Image: ibo0rCYxPUjoYU.JPG]

Sometimes, if you wait for a short while, the fonts will clear up, and be back to normal. This happens in 90% of the cases.

EDIT:- Another issue (a much bigger and longstanding one apparently), is that the bullseye function used for investigating observable objects around the screen still does not function properly. Pressing X at those objects does not trigger the sequence as you would expect. Its like the bullseye is not properly aligned or something. All the other functions mapped to other buttons work as expected.

Repro:-

0. Start a New Game and play it, until the first part when you're given control of the camera

1. Move the yellow circular bullseye cursor to an observable object. (Which can be discerned by pressing the Triangle button after looking around using the D Pad or the L/R buttons)

2. Press X

3. Nothing happens (Something is supposed to happen at that point)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-23-2013, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013 01:30 PM by udllpn.)
(06-23-2013 10:23 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  EDIT:- Another issue (a much bigger and longstanding one apparently), is that the bullseye function used for investigating observable objects around the screen still does not function properly. Pressing X at those objects does not trigger the sequence as you would expect. Its like the bullseye is not properly aligned or something. All the other functions mapped to other buttons work as expected.

Repro:-

0. Start a New Game and play it, until the first part when you're given control of the camera

1. Move the yellow circular bullseye cursor to an observable object. (Which can be discerned by pressing the Triangle button after looking around using the D Pad or the L/R buttons)

2. Press X

3. Nothing happens (Something is supposed to happen at that point)

I've just tried the game myself (with the English patch applied) and I can confirm everything posted above me. Voices, music and effects work with the new v0.7.6-1564-g30efa52 version.

The investigation part of the game doesn't seem to work (the X button doesn't do anything) and it's impossible to advance.

I hope it can be fixed, because this seems to be a great game.
06-24-2013, 03:17 AM
i got that problem withe the investigate too, cant just not advance in the game , so bad, even tried the new 0.8 release but didnt work, hoping for more fix sooon