Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Generic gamepad compatibility
02-17-2014, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 10:28 PM by zDanger.)
Generic gamepad compatibility
Hello, I was thinking of posting this to the "add feature" thread, but its more of a problem really.

You probably know about the new builds not being compatible with your typical "Generic USB Joystick" gamepad. I spent some time configuring mine with x360ce to work on 0.9.7 but with no success.
Than I downloaded an older version of 0.8.1, and what I did was put the dinput_8 dll also, and there it was, working perfectly. However, this did not work with the new version (which is really better, performance wise, gfx, audio most noticeable...).

So to the devs, please guys make these gamepads work like in the old version Smile Or if there is some other workaround for this situation please let me know, tnx Wink

EDIT: I also tried the control panel thing to select the gamepad, still not working with new version
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 01:34 PM
RE: Generic gamepad compatibility
See if your gamepad has Directinput mode. As far as I know, logitech gamepads have a small switch on the top that toggles Directinput and Xinput. Directinput gamepads work flawlessly.
02-19-2014, 10:00 AM
I found the cause of the problem, it was something with my windows installation (8.1) for what reason i dont know i did a reinstall and gamepad worked fine in 0.9.7 after previously selecting it from control panel, without the need for x360ce
02-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Hi zDanger,

Can you say which Gamepad you're using in Windows??? Am using a Generic Gamepad type too. But i updated exact driver for my Gamepad and it started working after the instillation of the Driver. Am also Using Windows 8.1. If you wish i can upload the Driver here if Our Forum admin allows me.

Happy Gaming!!! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM
It's a chinese copy of the PS controller of some sort: it says HANTOL on it, has a button for switching between modes, and instead of the classic button layout, it has numbers 1, 2, 3, 4.
Well, maybe it was a driver problem, after the reinstallation of windows 8 the problem disappeared meaning it replaced, or updated the drivers (I did not install new ones, these are the default and it works fine).

If the new drivers helped you, upload them, maybe someone will have use for them Wink