Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
How complete is the PSP emulation?
02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: How complete is the PSP emulation?
(02-13-2013 02:22 AM)Code101 Wrote:  Has anyone had a look at SonicStage at all?
I dont think it's legal to directly take that decoder but is it possible to write up a new decoder by using SonicStage?
I remember I had that program at one stage hoping to do something with ATRAC3+ but I was too much of a noob with that kinda thing, I still am a noob but atleast I know that I am >.>
In what way closed source compiled code would help you to understand anything about a proprietary format? In both cases you are starting from zero and this is the reason I mentioned I see a very slim possibility to happen. Usually developers that reverse engineer codecs are people of a different kind of philosophy about contribution and the ideal behind it. PPSSPP pushes in a really good way the envelope for people to have good will and contribute but I don't know if it's yet enough to convince somebody to start such a dog's work as reverse engineering such an old format as ATRAC3+... Only time will tell, let's hope for the best!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How complete is the PSP emulation? - VIRGIN KLM - 02-13-2013 09:49 AM