Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
How complete is the PSP emulation?
02-09-2013, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 01:46 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
RE: How complete is the PSP emulation?
I'm talking about encapsulated LLE approach just for the audio unit, or just the important parts for decoding and put all that to a different thread for speed. I didn't mean a whole PSP emulator on LLE, that's insane. (Think of it like Dolphin's different functions for DSP emulation) I doubt any Android device would like the idea of LLE emulation for atleast the next decade, plus I bet Sony would do anything to sue anyone that would start an ATRAC3/ATRAC3+ decoder even if it's technicaly legal to do so, they can always twist law. My only other idea would be create a script that grabs all the audio streams that the game calls from the ISO disc, make a list of them, transcode them to .OGG (I'd say M4A too but OGG is the only quality efficient codec that has no padding which is usefull for loop pointers) at a bitrate like 128kbps for stereo and 64kbps for mono (so your SD wont fill with the streams of one track) and push them to your Android's SD and then redirect the Audio files that the emulator calls to the already decoded files inside the folder you pushed to your SD card. You'd need to make though like a database of audio filelists for each game but it sounds more possible or probable to happen than any other attempt to get ATRAC3+ on non-Windows OS builds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How complete is the PSP emulation? - VIRGIN KLM - 02-09-2013 01:36 AM