Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fast Memory on Galaxy S4
02-13-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4
Thanks for the reply and explanation of fast memory.

I did install System Panel Lite, which allows you to view more advanced settings like CPU use and a nice break down of memory use. When my memory is hosed like that I can check the memory in system panel, and everything seems to be normal processes that should be running. I even ran through it with a calculator to make sure it all added up to the total used and that there wasn't some phantom process not shown. Not sure why the memory use gets so high under light use, but there is nothing out of place otherwise.

It's like it gets to a point that clearing the memory, whether manually or Android's automatic background process stops working. This causes the memory to keep "creeping" up until I get some serious lag, even with home screen redraws, and apps freezing or crashing. A reboot will solve all the problems and level out my memory until the next time it happens again.

I'm starting to suspect PPSSPP is my issue, because I have not had an issue for this whole week, and have not played since Sunday. I've been monitoring my memory strictly this whole week because I tried the "limit background processes" developer option set to 4. Turns out when I rebooted the phone after making the change, it seems it defaulted back, so I was really just watching the memory without playing PPSSPP. The highest I saw my memory use was 1.36gb when I rebooted for another reason (the phone was still responsive, I was having an issue with my 4G antenna).

I'm going to keep monitoring it for the next few days and see if the problem goes away. Then I will start playing PPSSPP again, and see if I can get the memory issue to happen again. I'll report back when I know more.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Bloodgod - 02-12-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - [Unknown] - 02-13-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Bloodgod - 02-13-2014 02:21 PM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Stixan - 02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Bloodgod - 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM