The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fast Memory on Galaxy S4
02-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Question Fast Memory on Galaxy S4
[Latest play store build on Verizon GS4, 4.3 stock rom, no root]

Hi all, I have a question on the Fast Memory option. When I updated to 0.9.6 in the play store, the Fast Memory setting was checked by default on both my old S3 and my new S4. In the past (on an S3), I knew this options greatly helped speed, but caused crashes.

I left the option on, figuring maybe the crashing was fixed and you wanted it on by default now. Is that the case? Because I have played Persona 3, Valkyria 2 and 3, and Corpse Party so far with next to no crashing and almost perfect performance. Persona still crashes from time to time, but its not a big deal.

I love the performance of PPSSPP now, it can run great even with frame skipping off and anisotropic filtering set to 4x.

BUT... My main question is this: can it cause Android to not properly release some memory even after PPSSPP is closed? I've been having issues with a memory leak/creep of sorts on my phone lately and I've been trying to track it down.

I know Android is supposed to use all the memory it can and all that, but my phone will eventually get up to around ~1.6GB used and start running poorly and having issues until a reboot. The touchwiz clear memory option and using other means to try and clear it out have no meaningful effect.

I'm not trying to blame PPSSPP, but I've noticed it seems to happen more often or quicker when I've been playing the emulator. I don't have many other games/apps installed otherwise, and all the bloatware I can is disabled. Not sure why I seem to hit this memory performance wall, when Android should be managing it for me.

Is this a known issue, anyone else seeing this?

(sorry, I tried a search)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Bloodgod - 02-12-2014 10:02 PM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - [Unknown] - 02-13-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Bloodgod - 02-13-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Stixan - 02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Fast Memory on Galaxy S4 - Bloodgod - 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM