Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Perfect" games
02-02-2014, 11:34 PM
"Perfect" games
I do think there's a status above "playable."

Rather than perfect, which was tried before, I think a good name is "solid." Solid means the game is more than just playable, it doesn't have any major issues across:
* Graphics
* Gameplay
* Video
* Music / sound
* Saves (including compatibility with PSP saves)
* Netplay (if a feature of the game)
With the default settings of the emulator on all supported devices.

I think performance should be excluded due to the wide range of devices and specs. Graphics are already a bit of trouble there.

Aiming for perfect is hard, but right now we have several games in "playable" which are really only "adequate." For some, music or audio does not play properly. For others, graphics have major issues in areas or videos do not display. Others require you to know to enable certain hacks, disable fast memory, or other things.

"Solid" is what I'm really looking for, as a user, to play games on the emulator. If it plays from start to finish, but I'm living without music, I'm at most going to want to dual-box it (switch saves between a real PSP.)

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: "Perfect" games
Seems like a good idea, as perfect is far more unlikely at this point in the emulator's life, all of the amazing progress it has had in the last year or so aside.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-03-2014, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 11:33 AM by GuilhermeGS2.)
PES 2013 would be "perfect" if the online mode worked. I tried to play online in the last DirectX build (available in the thread "compiling direct x version") but I got connection failed.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
02-03-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm not against it, but we should be really careful with that, testers will have to be accurate on each point [Unknown] has described...

It means we have to create clear rules to organize this project Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-03-2014, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 07:29 PM by Henrik.)
I don't mind creating a "Solid" subforum if everyone is happy with the idea. I'd also like to have something that distinguishes games that are "Playable" from games where you can actually reach the end and explore all the content with zero playability issues, even if there might be a tiny audio glitch or something somewhere that would disqualify it from "Perfect".
02-04-2014, 04:15 AM
(02-03-2014 05:32 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  I'm not against it, but we should be really careful with that, testers will have to be accurate on each point [Unknown] has described...

How about games being tested by 3 different people, double checking each others results, making sure that they are in the correct sub-forum.
Obviously Rare games like the Japanese games may not have enough people testing them, but as for the EUR & USA games it shouldn't be a problem.

Do you think that could work? just an idea I plucked out of the air Idea
02-04-2014, 04:43 AM
Hrm... reading through a few of the comments in this, I'll just post some thoughts.

I do believe that, yes, it's time we had something above playable in terms of ratings, though if we do it by some measure of performance (Such as calling it "perfect"), the risk is run of people on something like an old Galaxy S2 complaining that something said as perfectly emulated runs like shit. If I were to recommend a name, it would be "Fully Playable," to go along with what another mod was saying to differentiate games that are for all intents and purposes "completely emulated" from those that can just play when you ignore some glaring things (For instance, Class of Heroes would be "Fully Playable" because AFAIK it runs and looks exactly as it would on a PSP, while Final Fantasy Tactics would be "Playable" because it still has a myriad of apparent glitches).

That also being said, games that go into that territory should have spec ratings drawn up for them- Minimum specs to play it perfectly, etc. Class of Heroes, for instance, requires far less processor power than Monster Hunter. This should also have Android and Windows specs as well; It can't really be considered fully playable if it runs well on Windows but even on an S800 equipped phone runs at 5 FPS, right?
02-04-2014, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 11:23 AM by youhacked1.)
I think there should specific people to test each game. getting information from different variety of people with their each spec will get you nowhere as in the clutter of information you might have a hard time finding a emulator specific problem not a spec based problems which is a another compatibility problem of itself. still you need alot of testers to find out if the game is "Solid" or "Perfect"

Forum test
(Insert Computer Specs Here)
So much Video Games.... So little time....
02-04-2014, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 04:49 PM by globe94.)
* Maybe there should 2 groups.
* for example, group Android..
* test a game, write the phone spec used. both weakest and strongest phone used, should be listed.
* so, people will know, if their phone fits the minimum criteria or not.
* ex. Game X
Phone Used: lowest: Huawei Y300
Specs: xxxxxx
Result: ingame: 15fps, 100% with frameskip auto
Phone Used: highest: Sony Xperia XXXZ
Specs: xxxx
Result: ingame: Steady Character, 30fps 100speed

* and same with group windows.

* ofcourse, game added to "Perfect" list,
* should be tested by multiple testers first.
* and should have same results, in means of graphics,audio or crashes.

* if theres no graphic/audio/crash problem.
* only speed prob. (which is probably bcoz of low hardware?)
* then its labeled, "Perfect" game.

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
(02-04-2014 04:15 AM)The Phoenix Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 05:32 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  I'm not against it, but we should be really careful with that, testers will have to be accurate on each point [Unknown] has described...

How about games being tested by 3 different people, double checking each others results, making sure that they are in the correct sub-forum.
Obviously Rare games like the Japanese games may not have enough people testing them, but as for the EUR & USA games it shouldn't be a problem.

Do you think that could work? just an idea I plucked out of the air Idea

I like the idea to wait for multiple testers Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-04-2014, 09:23 PM
It's probably time to split up the compatibility list into Mobile vs. Desktop, what do you think? This way, mobile users complaining that games aren't playable when they're fine on the desktop can know that the game(s) they're trying to in fact play, are not playable on mobile. Question is, how would it work without getting cluttered..

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
02-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Why not make a wiki instead? Tongue

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
02-05-2014, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 02:41 AM by Obi55.)
Nezarn, there is one, here.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2014, 02:49 AM
That's not an official wiki, though. Just saying.

02-05-2014, 03:18 AM
~~> yes ..
i agree with TheDax & globe94 's ideas Smile

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\