Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
R-Type Command
10-29-2013, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 03:59 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: R-Type Command
(10-26-2013 02:49 PM)Black Wires Wrote:  If there is anything I can do like reporting some sort of logs to help, I'd be more than glad to help!

If you want to help, you can read this thread Smile

Anyway, given that you are new here, you should take a look at the Welcome Thread Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Sorry for the delay. Now that I check the logs, it seems like the error code matches up pretty well with what is happening! Desynch shots (uncloaking enemies) works fine I think, but desynching your ships (cloaking them) ALWAYS produces the following lines when it black screens.

[Image: wyTWiWu.png]

The first red box is when I start fresh with a loaded state and preform the desynch, it actually has more yellow lines (including the "render to texture" line) which are not included if I load the state AGAIN and preform the same bug. It's strange how starting PPSSPP fresh, loading a state, and preforming the bug gives more errors than loading the state a second time and doing the same. Is this a common problem?
01-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Certain warnings it logs only once per run of PPSSPP.

Those are just warnings. They may cause rendering problems but theoretically should not break emulation. It seems to be reusing the depth buffer as a framebuffer though, not sure if that's a problem or not.

-[Unknown]
01-08-2014, 02:41 AM
(01-05-2014 05:50 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Certain warnings it logs only once per run of PPSSPP.

Those are just warnings. They may cause rendering problems but theoretically should not break emulation. It seems to be reusing the depth buffer as a framebuffer though, not sure if that's a problem or not.

-[Unknown]

Please read some of the posts to see the problem I am talking about. In a nutshell on a action that causes those yellow warnings, the screen instantly goes black even though everything else runs fine (you can still move/hear the interface noises etc). This buffer issue you are talking about very well may be the issue. Maybe it's trying to load a visual that effectively does not exist? Kind of like trying to display a null value. Regardless, do you have any idea how I could fix this, or what more I could do to troubleshoot the issue?
01-08-2014, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 03:15 AM by [Unknown].)
Well, if you try the software renderer, we can probably verify that theory. It will be very slow (you will not like it probably), but if it works there then it's probably something like that (which would be useful to know.)

If it does the same thing there as with OpenGL, the issue is probably somewhere else.

-[Unknown]
01-08-2014, 10:39 PM
(01-08-2014 03:15 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Well, if you try the software renderer, we can probably verify that theory. It will be very slow (you will not like it probably), but if it works there then it's probably something like that (which would be useful to know.)

If it does the same thing there as with OpenGL, the issue is probably somewhere else.

-[Unknown]

You are right! Software rendering worked flawlessly (if not looking horrid and displaying at 1 FPS.) There was nothing at all in the event log for the "bug action". What is the next step in troubleshooting? Is there anything I can tweak to temporarily fix the issue for myself, or is this something that has to be patched by a developer?
01-09-2014, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 01:28 AM by [Unknown].)
It's something that will need to be changed in the code.

But it's not so simple as just changing something.

-[Unknown]
04-11-2014, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 02:24 AM by lqasilucky.)
Even right now, when you try to get into the sub-space,by using the movement desynching,the screen become Black.The game can still running,but you can't see the units that you are commanding.Hope this bug can be fixed in the future.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-26-2014, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 04:28 AM by ReyVGM.)
(04-11-2014 01:15 AM)lqasilucky Wrote:  Even right now, when you try to get into the sub-space,by using the movement desynching,the screen become Black.The game can still running,but you can't see the units that you are commanding.Hope this bug can be fixed in the future.

The game has some font issues when playing in the original PSP size/resolution.

The text is a bit difficult to read because it is not being displayed correctly.

In the first image (taken from IGN) you can see how the text in the lower-right corner is perfectly readable.

The second image is from the emulator, window and resolution size x1, you can see the text is a bit hard to read.

The third image, window size x1, resolution x2, the text looks better, but still doesn't look quite right.

06-20-2019, 11:05 PM
Hello, I made this account (And risk getting banned over necroing a thread) to report that, while R-Type Command works wonderfully in:

PPSSPP 1.8.0
Windows 10 x64
NVIDIA 1060 6GB
AMD Ryzen Gen 1 1600
16GBs of DDR4 RAM

There are STILL problems with the Desynch Function! the entire screen seems to "lose" resolution and the text becomes blurry, the game seems to rely on Buffered Rendering to show its effects and 3D scenes properly, and thus the combat cutscenes don't show with it disabled alongside EVEN MORE distortions when using Desynch-enabled units.

But the weirdest part, however, is that raising the rendering resolution to x10 "Fixes" the issue, and I say that with quotes because the game still looks weird as if I was watching the game from a 3D engine and I moved my viewpoint slightly thus making everything look weird.

the following screenshots show (in the following order) The screen after desynching with buffered rendering disabled, before using desynch with buffered rendering enabled, and after desynching with buffered rendering enabled.