Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.7 Average
[AdHoc] Compatibility List [STOPPED]
07-13-2014, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 10:39 PM by sum2012.)
RE: [AdHoc] Compatibility List
@AdamN callback example

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/....cpp#L1434

I want to be a crash fixer
PM me if you want to me look a game
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Well,i tested Kingdom hearts BBS on this build(#314) and it seems it fixed the problem where no one could join a event.Now when we try to start an event,it says 'Connection lost'.
can it be added to the list with the [Menu] tag,since it can see/find players but can't start?
07-13-2014, 11:25 PM
As @Kyodan said, players now can join in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, but when you start the match it keeps loading a good time until finally it says either "Connection lost" or "Connection with other players lost. Returning to lobby". I was able to make a screenshot just exactly when the match starts (I'm the client):

Thanks again @AdamN for your great work. I though it wouldn't be possible to go online with BBS, but this is simply awesome! Big Grin
PD: Maybe with this build Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker can work, so I hope someone can give it a try (I can't test this game for myself due to low free space in my HDD). Tongue
07-14-2014, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 02:48 AM by AdamN.)
(07-13-2014 10:39 PM)sum2012 Wrote:  @AdamN callback example

In the code:
Code:
    PostPutAction *action = (PostPutAction *)__KernelCreateAction(actionPostPut);
action->setRingAddr(ringbufferAddr);
// TODO: Should call this multiple times until we get numPackets.
// Normally this would be if it did not read enough, but also if available > packets.
// Should ultimately return the TOTAL number of returned packets.
u32 packetsThisRound = std::min(numPackets, (u32)ringbuffer->packets);
u32 args[3] = {(u32)ringbuffer->data, packetsThisRound, (u32)ringbuffer->callback_args};
__KernelDirectMipsCall(ringbuffer->callback_addr, action, args, 3, false);
Is this mean that setRingAddr will be called everytime the callback completely executed?
Because currently i'm using __KernelDirectMipsCall without action and __KernelDirectMipsCall returning even before the MIPS code being executed which cause an issue if another __KernelDirectMipsCall to the same callback address came in at the time the previous MIPS code is still executed.
And my current workaround is by using sleep_ms to make sure the MIPS is executed before calling another __KernelDirectMipsCall which isn't good since different code may need different time to executed and i still don't know whether the MIPS call is really done (ie. fully executed) or not with sleep_ms.

(07-13-2014 10:44 PM)Kyodan Wrote:  Well,i tested Kingdom hearts BBS on this build(#314) and it seems it fixed the problem where no one could join a event.Now when we try to start an event,it says 'Connection lost'.
can it be added to the list with the [Menu] tag,since it can see/find players but can't start?
Probably have the same issue with GTA:VCS where after all players joined and the game started everyone gets connection lost.
And I haven't figured out the cause of this connection lost.

(07-13-2014 07:47 PM)Dekkerlion Wrote:  Hey.I tried playing on LAN PSP vs PC but I cannot get it to work.I set up my PSP server address correctly and I put my PC adhoc address on localhost,and my PSP sees instead of my PC ,another friend card similar to "myself" and my PC cannot see my PSP friend card.Can anyone please gimme some advice? Big Grin
Don't use "localhost" or 127.0.0.1, use the the LAN IP (ie. 192.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x) instead, adhoc server doesn't seems to like localhost/127.0.0.1

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-14-2014, 06:04 AM
OK, Adam, thanks for the quick reply, that seems to have solved the issue but now I have another issue.
After I start the match(the type of battle doesn't matter), Out of sync happens....(as I said on LAN)

i61.tinypic.com/20j6ctg.jpg

So like one/two seconds and then bam, disconnect !(and I think it disconnects just on the PSP and not on the PC but I'm not sure :-? )
07-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Hey AdamN can you make Bleach Heat the Soul 7 next to works multiplayer? Please and thanks xD .
07-14-2014, 11:08 AM
You try to ask @unknown or other dev.
Anyway you must fix savestate so that @hrydgard would merge to your code.

(07-14-2014 02:33 AM)AdamN Wrote:  

In the code:
Code:
// Normally this would be if it did not read enough, but also if available > packets.
u32 args[3] = {(u32)ringbuffer->data, packetsThisRound, (u32)ringbuffer->callback_args};
Is this mean that setRingAddr will be called everytime the callback completely executed?
Because currently i'm using __KernelDirectMipsCall without action and __KernelDirectMipsCall returning even before the MIPS code being executed which cause an issue if another __KernelDirectMipsCall to the same callback address came in at the time the previous MIPS code is still executed.
And my current workaround is by using sleep_ms to make sure the MIPS is executed before calling another __KernelDirectMipsCall which isn't good since different code may need different time to executed and i still don't know whether the MIPS call is really done (ie. fully executed) or not with sleep_ms.

07-14-2014, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 12:04 PM by AdamN.)
(07-14-2014 11:08 AM)sum2012 Wrote:  You try to ask @unknown or other dev.
Anyway you must fix savestate so that @hrydgard would merge to your code.

(07-14-2014 02:33 AM)AdamN Wrote:  

In the code:
Code:
Savestate issue have been fixed on my last commit the other day, and i'm planning to remove completely the matchingHandlers variable (which causing the issue on savestate) on current patch (along with the change on callback), since matching callback is not suppose to be a list (matching context only have one callback address)

(07-14-2014 10:35 AM)AkiyoSSJ Wrote:  Hey AdamN can you make Bleach Heat the Soul 7 next to works multiplayer? Please and thanks xD .
I'm prioritizing games that was working before and then became broken with my release, and the next priority are games that can't see each other, and then games that can't join a host.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Good news Smile
(07-14-2014 11:55 AM)AdamN Wrote:  Savestate issue have been fixed on my last commit the other day, and i'm planning to remove completely the matchingHandlers variable (which causing the issue on savestate) on current patch (along with the change on callback), since matching callback is not suppose to be a list (matching context only have one callback address)
see each other, and then games that can't join a host.

07-14-2014, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 03:48 PM by xCrashdayx.)
Build used: #314
@AdamN you made progress with your latest build

Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0
NOPE (crash at host select)

Warriors Orochi 2
NOPE (cant see other player)

Tekken 5 DR v2
NOPE (same as v1 - can see each other but connection lost)

Fifa Street 2
NOPE (can see host but dont connect)

Bleach Heat the Soul 7
NOPE (can see each other but connection lost)

Call of Duty Roads to Victory [EUR]
NOW WORKS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep [US]
YES/NO (can see each other in the arena but cant start an event -> Crash)

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2
NOW WORKS (without any host problems or luck)

and for all the naruto fanboys Wink :
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 1 [EUR]
NOW WORKS

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
07-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Adam?What do you think of this?

(07-14-2014 06:04 AM)Dekkerlion Wrote:  OK, Adam, thanks for the quick reply, that seems to have solved the issue but now I have another issue.
After I start the match(the type of battle doesn't matter), Out of sync happens....(as I said on LAN)

So like one/two seconds and then bam, disconnect !(and I think it disconnects just on the PSP and not on the PC but I'm not sure :-? )
07-14-2014, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 06:08 PM by AdamN.)
(07-14-2014 04:03 PM)Dekkerlion Wrote:  Adam?What do you think of this?

(07-14-2014 06:04 AM)Dekkerlion Wrote:  OK, Adam, thanks for the quick reply, that seems to have solved the issue but now I have another issue.

i don't know, i don't have a real PSP to test, i can only test with emulators

(07-14-2014 03:04 PM)xCrashdayx Wrote:  Build used: #314
@AdamN you made progress with your latest build

Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0
NOPE (crash at host select)

Warriors Orochi 2
NOPE (cant see other player)

Tekken 5 DR v2
NOPE (same as v1 - can see each other but connection lost)

Fifa Street 2
NOPE (can see host but dont connect)

Bleach Heat the Soul 7
NOPE (can see each other but connection lost)

Call of Duty Roads to Victory [EUR]
NOW WORKS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep [US]
YES/NO (can see each other in the arena but cant start an event -> Crash)

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2
NOW WORKS (without any host problems or luck)

and for all the naruto fanboys Wink :
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 1 [EUR]
NOW WORKS
You're not using Fast Memory right? i wonder why there are games that still crashing O.o

May be i should check them out, even though those crashes probably not related to adhoc functions but due to force "Fast Memory" behaviour, and hopefully without the crashes issue multiplayer will works properly (just like what happen to memcpy in Metal Slug XX) ^_^

But right now i can't DL any new game yet since there are too many asian drama i wanted to watch Big Grin

Or may be sum2012 could fix those crashes Smile probably only need to add an address validity checking when FastMemory is disabled

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
07-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Tag Team works perfectly now Big Grin, thanks!
Can't wait the other games to works, especially Bleach Heat the Soul 7 xD.
07-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Quote:You're not using Fast Memory right? i wonder why there are games that still crashing O.o
Nope, no fast memory used. I guess i try out dif. configs maybe they will stop crashing Big Grin i could post screenshots of the log (ctrl+L, if thats the right one) because most of the time you can see which adhoc function is causing the problem

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
07-14-2014, 06:40 PM
(07-14-2014 06:35 PM)xCrashdayx Wrote:  
Quote:You're not using Fast Memory right? i wonder why there are games that still crashing O.o
Nope, no fast memory used. I guess i try out dif. configs maybe they will stop crashing Big Grin i could post screenshots of the log (ctrl+L, if thats the right one) because most of the time you can see which adhoc function is causing the problem
The log won't be useful in the case of crash, because most of the time the function that crashed won't have the chance to write anything in the log

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============