Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.7 Average
[AdHoc] Compatibility List [STOPPED]
07-02-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: [AdHoc] Compatibility List
(07-02-2014 07:11 PM)sum2012 Wrote:  Do not give pressure to AdamN.
(07-02-2014 06:47 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  Adhoc can be done to play 2 ppsspp on one pc on lan and pro online to play with psp users no matter the coding there are people who can do that like jpcsp

I gave opinion i never asked him to make anything where is the pressure there since it's possible people could play with friends without coming over with pro online many games uses online multiplayer and lan game there is a difference xD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 05:05 AM by AdamN.)
(07-02-2014 06:30 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Title: Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex [ULUS10020] / US version
Version: v0.9.8-1526-gda32e5d

Extra info:
Game allows up to 6 people deathmatch or team deathmatch, with either characters or tachikoma customized by stuff you unlock in singleplayer;3.

Screenshots from the game, single and multiplayer in here. Tested on lan, no clue about it's synchronization problems, probably would be very problematic to sync all 6 people online, but duels might be very possible.

======================================

@AdamN that game of yours seems to be spamming lots of invalid addresses that's from your latest tries?^^ PSP addresses aren't really ppsspp addresses, but if you need emulated psp addresses it should be easy, just check how cw cheat implementation deals with it or ask Henrik or [Unknown] if you need to do something else.
Yep, i saw many invalid address in the log, but didn't have any issue during gameplay whether it's singleplayer or multiplayer so far (but i don't play any games for too long)
Converting from emulated PSP address to PC's address is easy, but doing the opposite is not easy, otherwise the PSP games could screwup PPSSPP memory and crashed it if they have direct access to your PC's memory XD

Btw, it seems JPCSP can see and join the host when i try to host it using PPSSPP, but the game won't start even when all players already Ready, while with PPSSPP+PPSSPP the game immediately start even when only one player is Ready XD

(07-02-2014 06:47 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 06:30 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Title: Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex [ULUS10020] / US version

Extra info:
Game allows up to 6 people deathmatch or team deathmatch, with either characters or tachikoma customized by stuff you unlock in singleplayer;3.

Screenshots from the game, single and multiplayer in here. Tested on lan, no clue about it's synchronization problems, probably would be very problematic to sync all 6 people online, but duels might be very possible.

@AdamN that game of yours seems to be spamming lots of invalid addresses that's from your latest tries?^^ PSP addresses aren't really ppsspp addresses, but if you need emulated psp addresses it should be easy, just check how cw cheat implementation deals with it or ask Henrik or [Unknown] if you need to do something else.

Adhoc can be done to play 2 ppsspp on one pc on lan and pro online to play with psp users no matter the coding there are people who can do that like jpcsp
jpcsp, ppsspp can play together with real psp as long all of them using ProOnline server (ie. pro.coldbird.uk.to), which makes you unable to use 2x jpcsp in a single computer (ProOnline server will reject one of your jpcsp due to using the same internet IP address)
PS: If you found a guide of how to play 2x jpcsp (on one computer) + a real psp through ProOnline server, i would like to read it too (because i couldn't find it on the internet)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-02-2014, 09:40 PM

Extra info:

Added, thank you Smile

I think REGION is not important, Sum say me.

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
07-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Btw, does proadhocserver available for android and other mobile platform?
If they're not, may be i should integrate proadhocserver into PPSSPP so mobile platforms can play multiplayer on LAN without using a PC for adhocserver

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Android version for sure exist, not sure about other mobiles. If it's easy for you and you're willing to do it, the idea of the server app built-in ppsspp seems nice. Would simplify the whole thing for new people and keep everything required to play in one place.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
07-03-2014, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 10:28 AM by Heoxis.)
(07-02-2014 08:50 PM)AdamN Wrote:  

Extra info:

Yep, i saw many invalid address in the log, but didn't have any issue during gameplay whether it's singleplayer or multiplayer so far (but i don't play any games for too long)
Converting from emulated PSP address to PC's address is easy, but doing the opposite is not easy, otherwise the PSP games could screwup PPSSPP memory and crashed it if they have direct access to your PC's memory XD

Btw, it seems JPCSP can see and join the host when i try to host it using PPSSPP, but the game won't start even when all players already Ready, while with PPSSPP+PPSSPP the game immediately start even when only one player is Ready XD

(07-02-2014 06:47 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  

Extra info:

Adhoc can be done to play 2 ppsspp on one pc on lan and pro online to play with psp users no matter the coding there are people who can do that like jpcsp
jpcsp, ppsspp can play together with real psp as long all of them using ProOnline server (ie. pro.coldbird.uk.to), which makes you unable to use 2x jpcsp in a single computer (ProOnline server will reject one of your jpcsp due to using the same internet IP address)
PS: If you found a guide of how to play 2x jpcsp (on one computer) + a real psp through ProOnline server, i would like to read it too (because i couldn't find it on the internet)

I WILL WRITE LIKE THIS SO YOU CAN READ xD JPCSP PPSSPP CAN PLAY PRO ONLINE LIKE YOU SAID BUT I WANT TO PLAY LAN SO THEN 2 JPCSP CAN BE PLAYED ON 1 PC SO I CAN BE DONE WITH PPSSPP TOO BECAUSE JPCSP CAN BE PLAYED LAN WITH 2 JPCSP ON SAME AND IT USE PRO ONLINE JUST READ SLOWLY YOU CAN SETUP 2 PPSSPP ON 1 PC IF YOU WANT TO USE LAN BUT FOR PROONLINE YOU CAN ALWAYS USE VMWARE OR SOMETHING xD
07-03-2014, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 12:08 PM by captainobvious.)
Adam, have you tried games that don't have host/join but where you're supposed to enter a lobby, see the different person and challenge him?

These include games like Soul Calibur, Dissidia, etc
07-03-2014, 12:27 PM
(07-03-2014 10:25 AM)Heoxis Wrote:  I WILL WRITE LIKE THIS SO YOU CAN READ xD JPCSP PPSSPP CAN PLAY PRO ONLINE LIKE YOU SAID BUT I WANT TO PLAY LAN SO THEN 2 JPCSP CAN BE PLAYED ON 1 PC SO I CAN BE DONE WITH PPSSPP TOO BECAUSE JPCSP CAN BE PLAYED LAN WITH 2 JPCSP ON SAME AND IT USE PRO ONLINE JUST READ SLOWLY YOU CAN SETUP 2 PPSSPP ON 1 PC IF YOU WANT TO USE LAN BUT FOR PROONLINE YOU CAN ALWAYS USE VMWARE OR SOMETHING xD

My review, two PPSSPP Online on one PC is not important.
Lot people play one PPSSPP on one PC and play with other people.
Why not, this for later update Smile

For me, I want AdanM fixe lots games compablity than two PPSSPP blabla..

-------------------------------------------------

100,000 REVIEWS!!

Thanks all!

07-03-2014, 01:08 PM
(07-03-2014 12:27 PM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 10:25 AM)Heoxis Wrote:  I WILL WRITE LIKE THIS SO YOU CAN READ xD JPCSP PPSSPP CAN PLAY PRO ONLINE LIKE YOU SAID BUT I WANT TO PLAY LAN SO THEN 2 JPCSP CAN BE PLAYED ON 1 PC SO I CAN BE DONE WITH PPSSPP TOO BECAUSE JPCSP CAN BE PLAYED LAN WITH 2 JPCSP ON SAME AND IT USE PRO ONLINE JUST READ SLOWLY YOU CAN SETUP 2 PPSSPP ON 1 PC IF YOU WANT TO USE LAN BUT FOR PROONLINE YOU CAN ALWAYS USE VMWARE OR SOMETHING xD

100,000 REVIEWS!!

Thanks all!

Maybe i am crazy but how it's possible that no one can read what i wrote i wrote that 2 PPSSPP 1 PC should be LAN not online i dont care about online i care about LAN xD
07-03-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 02:31 PM by GuenosNoLife.)
(07-03-2014 01:08 PM)Heoxis Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 12:27 PM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  

100,000 REVIEWS!!

Thanks all!

Maybe i am crazy but how it's possible that no one can read what i wrote i wrote that 2 PPSSPP 1 PC should be LAN not online i dont care about online i care about LAN xD
I understand, don't worry I'm not stupid Wink
You want just like splitscreen, running 2 PPSSPP on 1 Windows and 1 on Emulator on Windows = One PC with 2 PPSSPP.
Now, stop repeat this Smile

I'll be AFK 3 days.

07-03-2014, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2019 04:12 AM by AdamN.)
(07-03-2014 12:08 PM)captainobvious Wrote:  Adam, have you tried games that don't have host/join but where you're supposed to enter a lobby, see the different person and challenge him?

These include games like Soul Calibur, Dissidia, etc

Those games might be using P2P mode (AdhocMatching have 3 modes: Host, Join and P2P), P2P might works better than Host+Join with current (buggy) AdhocMatching implementation.
But P2P mode only used for 2 players i think, so if those games support more than 2 players it's probably not P2P mode.
If it's works like Pokemon's lobby on Nintendo handheld, joining a lobby probably will be Host (everyone in the lobby might be Hosts), and when you challenge someone it will switch from Host to Join and joined that person game automatically. (if it wasn't a P2P mode that is)

Edit: I'll try to provide win32/64 build later for testing purpose since i don't want to commit this changes yet until i can get JOIN to works properly (need to clean up the mess a bit)

Edit2: I found out why PPSSPP can't see the host while JPCSP can see it, it seems the callback address used to tell the game that there is a host available is an invalid address (0xdeadbeef) on PPSSPP while it's a valid address (0x088a9474) on JPCSP :/ i wonder why the game decide to give an invalid address when running on PPSSPP
If only it wasn't 0xdeadbeef issue games that use adhocMatching should already works properly by now Sad GTA:VCS also use 0xdeadbeef
So the issue wasn't on the adhocMatching functions but somewhere else (unimplemented HLE stuff may be)

Edit 3: The issue have been found and fixed (a bug in the wrapper) thanks to xsacha and Kingcom,
i can start seeing something with JOIN, but it didn't show the correct name, still buggy i guess, at least no longer stuck waiting for something not going to happen ^_^
GTA:VCS can see the Host correctly but i'm unable to join it for some reason, while Full Auto 2 didn't even show the Host name correctly :/

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
07-04-2014, 11:17 AM
(07-03-2014 02:38 PM)AdamN Wrote:  Those games might be using P2P mode (AdhocMatching have 3 modes: Host, Join and P2P), P2P might works better than Host+Join with current (buggy) AdhocMatching implementation.
But P2P mode only used for 2 players i think, so if those games support more than 2 players it's probably not P2P mode.
If it's works like Pokemon's lobby on Nintendo handheld, joining a lobby probably will be Host (everyone in the lobby might be Hosts), and when you challenge someone it will switch from Host to Join and joined that person game automatically. (if it wasn't a P2P mode that is)

I'll try to get the game later (can't download anything big at the moment since i'm using my connection to streams asian drama most of the time ^_^)
Edit: I'll try to provide win32/64 build later for testing purpose since i don't want to commit this changes yet until i can get JOIN to works properly (need to clean up the mess a bit)

The lobby can have a lot more people, but for both Dissidia and Soul calibur it is indeed only 1 v 1 in the end.
07-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I managed to get Full Auto 2 to have a working Multiplayer now Big Grin no more issue on this game
but GTA:VCS still have issue, after player2 joined and multiplayer game started and finished loading it shows a connection lost message and didn't enter the game world :/

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
07-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Great news
(07-04-2014 03:48 PM)AdamN Wrote:  I managed to get Full Auto 2 to have a working Multiplayer now Big Grin no more issue on this game
but GTA:VCS still have issue, after player2 joined and multiplayer game started and finished loading it shows a connection lost message and didn't enter the game world :/

I want to be a crash fixer
PM me if you want to me look a game
07-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I haven't commit it but if you guys wanna test it and see if you can find more Unimplemented sceNetAdhoc functions used by the game i'll try to implement it.

Here is Win32 build : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdgwhfnwt8fuu3...indows.zip
Here is Win64 build : https://www.dropbox.com/s/irubwwu9wf6lg9...dows64.zip

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============