Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Bug] Orientation won't change from portrait
01-30-2014, 07:42 PM
[Bug] Orientation won't change from portrait
Just downloaded v0.9.6-691-g4f2f8f0 (Android)

Upon launching PPSSPP v0.9.6-691-g4f2f8f0, the orientation was set on portrait. Won't change to landscape, even ingame. There are no settings option to change the orientation.
The only way to change it to landscape, is change the devices orientation to auto, or landscape. But, I don't think changing it every time is the way to go.
I was using 9.6 (Google play's version) and it was automatically changing to landscape upon launching PPSSPP. Now I have to do it manually.

Device: Xperia Ray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2014, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 08:58 PM by Raimoo.)
RE: [Bug] Orientation won't change from portrait
(01-30-2014 07:42 PM)Zodiac Wrote:  Just downloaded v0.9.6-691-g4f2f8f0 (Android)

Upon launching PPSSPP v0.9.6-691-g4f2f8f0, the orientation was set on portrait. Won't change to landscape, even ingame. There are no settings option to change the orientation.
The only way to change it to landscape, is change the devices orientation to auto, or landscape. But, I don't think changing it every time is the way to go.
I was using 9.6 (Google play's version) and it was automatically changing to landscape upon launching PPSSPP. Now I have to do it manually.

Device: Xperia Ray

In case if you really dont know, the auto-rotation feature got re-enable since v0.9.6-535 for Android, so you have to manually change the device orientation for now. Its not really a bug really...

Btw, a lot of people did suggest to add a setting that fixed the emu to either potrait or landscape, i hope we'll see that be implemented soon

Still im pretty sure the dev will work it out on it very soon...

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
01-30-2014, 09:02 PM
I did not know that.
Thanks for the heads up. And yeah, an orientation setting would do nicely.
02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
An orientation setting has now been added to the System settings.