Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multiple D-pad bindings causing problems with Xbox 360 controller
01-30-2014, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 10:51 AM by Finzy.)
Multiple D-pad bindings causing problems with Xbox 360 controller
I've been trying to set multiple bindings for D-pad on the Xbox 360 controller, so I can control the PSP D-pad with both the Xbox360 d-pad and the right analog stick at the same time.

Now using the right analog stick to control the D-pad works just fine, but for some reason, if I also have it bound to the Xbox360's d-pad at the same time, it causes the d-pad controls to become very unresponsive, like I have to mash the d-pad buttons multiple times for anything to happen (and often they just don't work at all), while the right analog stick controls still work fine.

The reason I'd like to have multiple d-pad binds is that many games use the d-pad for controlling the camera and I'd love to use the right analog stick for that when I have one, while still retaining the ability to use the d-pad in menus and such.

Any idea what causes this, or is it a bug? (I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, on the latest official 0.9.6 build of ppsspp)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this happens in all games, so it's not game specific.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Multiple D-pad bindings causing problems with Xbox 360 controller
It's known problem with no known solution, actually nobody even know why it actually happens otherwise it would be patched already. Someone was saying it only affects wireless(or wired, forgot which;p) controllers, it also would seem to affect only xbox controllers, other xinput pads are fine.

You could probably try using some third party programs like glove pie, xpadder or something similar to keep ppsspp bind only for dpad and add the right analog to work as additional dpad through those programs or something alike. Not sure if anyone with the problem tried it, my logitech works just fine with right analog + dpad binding so I wouldn't feel the difference.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
01-30-2014, 02:26 PM
I did the same keybindings for the right analog stick and d-pad but don't have any problems using a wired XBOX controller. Maybe because it's not an official one from Microsoft. But you should definitely check out Xpadder. I use two different controllers depending what game I play and can't bind keys from the second controller in PPSSPP. But with Xpadder I just bind those controller keys to the corresponding keyboard keys.
01-30-2014, 04:12 PM
I have the same problem lol, I made a topic on this too. Hopefully, Henrik fixes his.
01-31-2014, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 07:47 AM by Finzy.)
Alright thanks for the replies, I may check out Xpadder. I'm using a wired controller, and it's an official one. Hoping this issue gets fixed in the emulator sometime though, I prefer not to have to use any additional apps.
02-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Hello all, I have made a post previously on this topic as well. I have the same exact issue, the wired xbox controller is the problem, wireless works just fine. I did use Xpadder so I would only have 1 mapping set to the dpad but out put to two different inputs. This is the only fix that I have found as of yet. Hopefully this wired controller issue gets resolved.
02-21-2014, 11:49 PM
same problem with my wired sabertooth xbox 360 controller
02-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Maybe the best solution for the time being is implementing control keys profiles ? Loading a profile is faster than rebinding 4 or more keys.