Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
convert ppsspp to html5
01-28-2014, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 09:11 PM by angry citzen.)
convert ppsspp to html5
hi I just found out that xbox one can play html5 files and was wondering if ppsspp could be converted to that format?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 09:39 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: convert ppsspp to html5
I hope you say that because you don't know what is HTML5... Confused

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-28-2014, 10:07 PM
(01-28-2014 09:39 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  I hope you say that because you don't know what is HTML5... Confused

no I don't know what it is but I have seen other emulators on the internet made by html5 and just wanted to know if possible
01-28-2014, 10:41 PM
What emulators are you talking about ?
I think they are old consoles emulators Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-28-2014, 10:57 PM
I've seen some NES and GB/GBA emulators and I think there was even some 3D console compiled via emscripten. But "HTML5" does not guarantee WebWorkers and WebGL support which is the very very least it would probably need. I'm also dubious on whether the browser supports enough "local storage" for any commercial game. But as always, if someone is interested in doing it, "patches welcome" (or is the modern version "pull requests" welcome?).
01-29-2014, 05:17 AM
http://bellard.org/jslinux/

There would be significant challenges. Probably would envy JPCSP's performance, but then who knows. Also, it would be more like a complete rewrite than a port.

But, it would likely not be much of a port. Here are the things that would be entirely useless from the current PPSSPP:

* The jit. Maybe you could write one that outputs js and hope the js engine jits it in some reasonable way.
* Memory handling. There's no way our fast way of accessing memory could be used - it'd have to be slow.
* ATRAC3+ support. This would be its own unique challenge. Rewrite FFMPEG in js too?
* Video support in general. It would have to be done totally differently, if it could work at all.
* Portability. It would have its own issues and browser compatibility, so that would start from scratch.

Other than that, with *significant* investment of time, it could be possible. I'm certainly not interested.

-[Unknown]
01-29-2014, 02:31 PM
(01-29-2014 05:17 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  http://bellard.org/jslinux/

There would be significant challenges. Probably would envy JPCSP's performance, but then who knows. Also, it would be more like a complete rewrite than a port.

But, it would likely not be much of a port. Here are the things that would be entirely useless from the current PPSSPP:

* The jit. Maybe you could write one that outputs js and hope the js engine jits it in some reasonable way.
* Memory handling. There's no way our fast way of accessing memory could be used - it'd have to be slow.
* ATRAC3+ support. This would be its own unique challenge. Rewrite FFMPEG in js too?
* Video support in general. It would have to be done totally differently, if it could work at all.
* Portability. It would have its own issues and browser compatibility, so that would start from scratch.

Other than that, with *significant* investment of time, it could be possible. I'm certainly not interested.

-[Unknown]

just a thought lol
01-31-2014, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 11:28 PM by ppssp213.)
http://1964js.com
http://hulkholden.github.io/n64js/
04-21-2018, 07:48 AM
Such an old thread, and we had html5/javascript psp emu sitting from a long time here github.com/jspspemu/jspspemu it run simple games, with a little more attention until now it would have nice compatibility, speed too.
Below on the site are three working games/samples. Two links on top github page lead to atual emu and blog, that explains everything.
05-14-2018, 05:57 PM
You could port it with asm.js, and have it be horribly slow. That's about it. That has nothing to do with HTML 5 though.