Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Save state error?
01-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Save state error?
Hello all, having a little problem with the PPSSPP emulator for my PC.

I just completed one of the games that I have been playing on the emulator, and its endscreen gives options to either just quit the game without saving, or save and then exit the game, so that no progress is lost. Either way, the game comes up with a notification:

! INFORMATION

Checking the storage media...

In a red box. This usually happens whenever I save the game from the in-game save menu, however this time, nothing happens. I don't think the game actually freezes, because the music continues and using debug I can tell that new frames are being produced, but at this point I cannot do anything. I do have quite a few save state files with specific names (thankfully). I tried going back to the save states that I had made just minutes before fighting the final boss, and had the same problem when trying to save normally from an in-game savepoint. Looking back at a .ppsstt savestate file that I had made 5 hours previous, the save menu works fine, and the red square pops up then disappears and gives save state information on the 'PSP' as normal.

Is there any way to rememdy this?

P.S. While I realize that there are other parts of this forum for specific games like the one I am playing (Kindgom Hearts Birth By Sleep) I feel that this is an issue with the emulator itself, not the game or its performance.

Thanks for any help you can give, or let me know what further information you require to help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Save state error?
Keep this in mind that you can't do normal save from a savestate since savestate save the entire emu settings.

Also, can you specify which game you play that have that kind of problem?

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
01-26-2014, 10:51 PM
(01-26-2014 10:35 PM)Raimoo Wrote:  Keep this in mind that you can't do normal save from a savestate since savestate save the entire emu settings.

Also, can you specify which game you play that have that kind of problem?

It is Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

I had been saving my game every once in a while in the game itself at save points, and much more frequently using the emu-save.

What's happened now is basically all true 'in-game' saving, which did work previously, no longer works.
02-20-2014, 01:26 AM
same problem here.

saving ingame worked for a while but now i am stuck with emulator savestates.

has someone got a fix for this?
02-21-2014, 08:12 PM
started a new save without quicksaving once. just finished ventus, no problems.