Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Resolved] Current Release issues
01-24-2014, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 06:27 AM by TheDax.)
[Resolved] Current Release issues
I have been reading in the bug reports and the forums, but nothing in the past six months have been said about the issues.

My Setup:
SteamOS x64 (in most ways you can treat it like Debian Wheezy)
PPSSPP 0.9.6-566-gb333e5b (current git build)

When I compile for Qt4, I get only a few sound effects and no other audio. Secondly, Monster hunter freedom is unable to render any 3D scenes. The menus and video cutsequences seem to load just fine (minus the issue with audio). I noticed hrydgard say that the "Nobody is maintaining the Qt port" (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2930) so I moved on to the SDL port.

The SDL port works fine except for the fact that I can't seem to make the playable portion of the emulator any bigger. I can go fullscreen, I can play with resolution and stretching options but all I get is the same size play area with a border at best. On the good note, everything renders and all audio is heard so I am using it for now.

Any tips?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2014, 03:21 AM
RE: Current Release issues
(01-24-2014 03:04 AM)CptMonkeyFist Wrote:  I have been reading in the bug reports and the forums, but nothing in the past six months have been said about the issues.

My Setup:
SteamOS x64 (in most ways you can treat it like Debian Wheezy)
PPSSPP 0.9.6-566-gb333e5b (current git build)

When I compile for Qt4, I get only a few sound effects and no other audio. Secondly, Monster hunter freedom is unable to render any 3D scenes. The menus and video cutsequences seem to load just fine (minus the issue with audio). I noticed hrydgard say that the "Nobody is maintaining the Qt port" (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2930) so I moved on to the SDL port.

The SDL port works fine except for the fact that I can't seem to make the playable portion of the emulator any bigger. I can go fullscreen, I can play with resolution and stretching options but all I get is the same size play area with a border at best. On the good note, everything renders and all audio is heard so I am using it for now.

Any tips?

I am using SDL version for MACOSX. How could you make it go fullscreen? Hope to hear from you asap. Thanks a lot!
01-24-2014, 03:43 AM
You need only set the fullscreen key in the Controls Settings. If you need a more detailed explanation then let me know. Sadly this currently adds a border to the game area and doesn't stretch the game area even if the stretch to screen size option is checked.
01-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Try starting the executable with --fullscreen. Not sure, that might be better.

Also note that it runs pretty well under WINE, at least it did when I tried it before.

-[Unknown]
01-24-2014, 08:13 PM
(01-24-2014 07:59 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try starting the executable with --fullscreen. Not sure, that might be better.

-[Unknown]

Much thanks mate. You have manly level: Armstrong
[Image: D1USx78.gif]
01-25-2014, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 04:10 AM by hhtien1408.)
(01-24-2014 07:59 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try starting the executable with --fullscreen. Not sure, that might be better.

Also note that it runs pretty well under WINE, at least it did when I tried it before.

-[Unknown]

I did it to go fullscreen flawlessly! Thanks a lot!
01-25-2014, 06:27 AM
I'll mark this as [Resolved], then. If it's not, please reply back.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
01-25-2014, 08:40 AM
RE: [Resolved] Current Release issues
Well, not sure if it's handled well. Maybe the SDL2 stuff will do this better. I think there may already be a bug about this...

-[Unknown]