Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ppsspp on Ipad Air?
01-17-2014, 06:34 AM
Ppsspp on Ipad Air?
when the ios 7 jailbreak came out I immediately updated then jail broke my ipad 4th gen. I was really looking forward to the larger screen, so the buttons and my fingers would obscure less. Now, the ppsspp on my iPhone 4S running a jailbroken ios 5 runs ppsspp rather well, especially with the most recent build. However, the ppsspp on my ipad runs considerably slower than it. (The game I've mainly been playing on both is P3P, though I also tried Crisis Core on the ipad, which didnt work beyond the title screen.)
So I'm wondering why an older ios device is running ppsspp faster than a newer one. Curiously, the ndsforios runs much faster on my ipad than on my phone. As I'm considering getting an Air, I also would like to know if anyone here is playing ppsspp (especially playing P3P) on the ipad Air. Is the 64 bit chip fairing any better?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2014, 07:08 AM
RE: Ppsspp on Ipad Air?
Make sure you have JIT enabled under developer option. For P3P you will need buffered mode render.
As for crisis core the ios version dont seem to support the intro movie, just get a save from the first save point and the rest of the game is playable.
01-17-2014, 04:55 PM
I don't know if those two things helped or not, maybe I'll see when it goes to battle scenes, but I disabled the I/O thread thing I found in the developer tools and now it's running at full speed. Thanks.
So I guess my problem is solved, but I still would like to know bout the ipad air. Does it run ppsspp faster?
01-24-2014, 08:00 PM
I/O disable work on iPhone 5s & ipad , but need moré help for battle