Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.13 Average
LAN Play with (PC) PPSSPP and PSP
10-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Please Help i am a scrub
I have done everything the guide said to do yet my psp wont connect to the Adhoc server, please help, I've been locked in a basement until i can get this working theirs no food and i'm running out of oxygen the police believe i'm kidnapped its only a matter of time before i go insane and they find me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: LAN Play with (PC) PPSSPP and PSP
hello guys can i use pocket wifi connecting pc(ppspp) to psp?
01-18-2015, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 10:52 PM by bitsnpieces.)
Ok, this took me a very long time to work out, but I finally got it working:

sukualam's tutorial is great and helps you set up the things you need to set up, however, the issue I had was putting in my router IP address, as sukualam says - I think he's just used the wrong wording for this. You don't put your router's IP address, you put the IP address of the host computer, the IPv4 IP address.

I figured this out and then read betrayedAngel's post... wish I had read this earlier, would have saved so many headaches.

Anyways, easiest way I found was to go into Command Prompt, type "ipconfig /all" and look at IPv4 Address, and use that IP address for PPSSPP and the server.text in your PSP

That worked for me.

So what I've done is reserve the IPv4 address of my computer in the router, just incase it ever changes. For those with no access to a router, you can just use the ipconfig command to find the IPv4 address, if it ever changes, or you go to a different place, etc.

Now I have one question, when I press Home, my game just freezes and nothing comes up? Is that normal (because they haven't got full support for MHP3 yet)?

Anyways, good luck to you all
01-18-2015, 11:04 PM
(01-18-2015 10:51 PM)bitsnpieces Wrote:  Now I have one question, when I press Home, my game just freezes and nothing comes up? Is that normal (because they haven't got full support for MHP3 yet)?

put the battery in the psp
01-19-2015, 03:11 AM
(01-18-2015 11:04 PM)karyus Wrote:  
(01-18-2015 10:51 PM)bitsnpieces Wrote:  Now I have one question, when I press Home, my game just freezes and nothing comes up? Is that normal (because they haven't got full support for MHP3 yet)?

put the battery in the psp

Thank you - that's exactly what I thought the problem could be, but wouldn't have a clue why so wasn't sure.

My battery died, so I'm waiting for a new one to arrive
01-19-2015, 04:28 PM
meanwhile use the 0.09 [R55] version of the plugin the game wont freeze if you press home without a battery
02-20-2015, 11:01 AM
can you share link "Pro Online Plugin" ?
my psp 3001 must use PRO-C (CFW) but i cant search "Pro Online Plugin" :'(
02-20-2015, 05:14 PM
If you have installed the latest custom firmware on your PSP, you can install the PRO Online Client and configure it Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-26-2015, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2015 02:26 AM by sukualam.)
if having problem setting router/hotspot, maybe use the android portable hotspot (tether) to create a lan network. And then connect pc to android to host server (from pc), then then edit SERVER.txt and HOTSPOT.txt in PSP that match your pc configuration (like ipaddress and hotspot name), connect psp to android hotspot to join.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2015, 03:13 AM
hello, i am trying to connect my psp running mhp3rd to my pc running mhp3rd hd but the psp wont connect to the wifi network via networks setting saying the security is unsupported and the pro online plugin cannot find the host ad hoc server does anyone know what might be wrong?
04-18-2015, 02:01 PM
I have a problem on my MH3rd in my PSP when connecting to a PC, it says "a communication error has occurred" when entering the online guild hall.

I tried using MHFU and I can connect without any problems. Please help me. Thanks!
05-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Hey Guys,
I did everything the guide told me and... it doesnt work. I am new to the whole PPSSPP scene and stuff and wanted to ask if someone here could help me with the issues. First off I didnt get everything described in the "Tutorial" here cause some/most stuff is outdated and I cant get it or like the Adhoc Network its integrated but I dont know how to use it correctly ( I think ). After doing everything the Tutorial told me i could connect to an Online Hall in MHFU on my PC and my Friend beside me with his PSP could connect to the Online Hall too, but... were not in the same Hall. Cause i dont know what went wrong im asking here, but I´ve written in all the adresses und the IP´s into all the textfiles necessary (like in the Tutorial) on the PC and the PSP too and still it´s not working. I hope someone can help me and thx in advance.
06-02-2015, 01:51 AM
Could someone send the adhoc server to me<[email protected]>? cause dropbox was blocked in my country.
thanks!
06-02-2015, 07:26 AM
You don't need it anymore Smile
PPSSPP has now a built-in ad-hoc server, just go to the "Networking" settings Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-03-2015, 12:32 PM
(06-02-2015 07:26 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  You don't need it anymore Smile
PPSSPP has now a built-in ad-hoc server, just go to the "Networking" settings Wink

Hi just wanna ask if what IP address should the host use?

Not the modem IP right(192.168.1.1), should be the IPv4 address?

Then all who joins should type in the IP of the host?