Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pre compiled ppsspp SDL & QT Linux build.64bit
03-19-2014, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 09:08 AM by xenowildfire.)
RE: Pre compiled ppsspp SDL & QT Linux build.64bit
ppsspp 9.7.2-315 SDL & QT uploaded.
https://mega.co.nz/#F!5YQQ0AgJ!UudSxVvx6LtS-vMlP97Ygw
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2014, 04:21 PM
ppsspp 9.8-25 SDL & QT uploaded.
03-25-2014, 09:55 AM
ppsspp 9.8-124 SDL & QT uploaded.
03-26-2014, 03:19 AM
(03-19-2014 09:07 AM)xenowildfire Wrote:  ppsspp 9.7.2-315 SDL & QT uploaded.

Qt version tested with God Of War Chains Of Olympus, King Kong, Snoopy, Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Best build so far in terms of motion. Even God Of War!!. The others worked better. The same slow motion in video introduction, but the gameplay works fine. One thing, still: no sound on Qt version. I rememeber some post up your suggestion for solving this, i've not tried yet.
I'll test the latest builds you've uploaded, SDL included. For the moment i have less time for gaming, but sure i will.
Thank fou for your effort Xenonwildfire!!
03-26-2014, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2014 05:40 AM by xenowildfire.)
(03-26-2014 03:19 AM)soloparaforo Wrote:  
(03-19-2014 09:07 AM)xenowildfire Wrote:  ppsspp 9.7.2-315 SDL & QT uploaded.

Qt version tested with God Of War Chains Of Olympus, King Kong, Snoopy, Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Best build so far in terms of motion. Even God Of War!!. The others worked better. The same slow motion in video introduction, but the gameplay works fine. One thing, still: no sound on Qt version. I rememeber some post up your suggestion for solving this, i've not tried yet.
I'll test the latest builds you've uploaded, SDL included. For the moment i have less time for gaming, but sure i will.
Thank fou for your effort Xenonwildfire!!

I was having a prbbblem with playing sound when using Qt, Are you using built in audio? some reason everytime I would play Qt it would put it in hdmi mode. What Linux are you using? I am on Kubuntu 13.10 right now and it was doing that and it took awhile and I finally got it to work.
Try changing it as the ppsspp Qt is running a game and if the sound comes on then close ppsspp and restart it and see if your sound is still working.
I built ppssppQt with Qt5 and II used this to get the sound to work when building after 13.04.
sudo apt-get install libqt5multimedia5-plugins
Try that if the first thing don't work, the sound works for me when I build them now and after I figured out about it switching to hdmi.
Btw I never had that problem with Zorin 8 and it's based off of 13.10, I just didn't like how my folders would go black when I would change between them, so I changed to Kubuntu 13.10 and that was when the hdmi problem started.

ppsspp 9.8-135 SDL & QT uploaded.
03-26-2014, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2014 11:23 PM by xenowildfire.)
ppsspp 9.8-142 SDL & QT uploaded.
Btw I ugraded to Kubuntu 14.04 Beta and I have no problems compiling it and sound does work.
03-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Great solution, installing libqt5multimedia5-plugins solved sound issues in both versions (Qt and SDL).
I'm on Kubuntu 13.10, the sound was always a problem (don't know really how, but i've solved it), and the word "hdmi" make me nervous. I preffer to wait for Kubuntu 14.04 to go full release.
The SDL v. 9.7.2-315 won't go fullscreen. In resume, i think Qt version works better for me (and now i have sound). One strange thing: Qt v.9.7.2-315 shuts down inmediately when tried to run God Of War Ghost Of Sparta. Same game in SDL works fine (not smoothly, but works).
Another game tested: Justice League Heroes on Qt v. 9.7.2-315. Works just fine, great movement, great audio, full screen, some glitches on movie intro.

Downloading ppsspp 9.8-142 SDL & Qt

Thank for your work xenonwildfire, PPSSPP it's gettin better!!
03-28-2014, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2014 11:20 PM by xenowildfire.)
(03-28-2014 01:46 PM)soloparaforo Wrote:  Great solution, installing libqt5multimedia5-plugins solved sound issues in both versions (Qt and SDL).
I'm on Kubuntu 13.10, the sound was always a problem (don't know really how, but i've solved it), and the word "hdmi" make me nervous. I preffer to wait for Kubuntu 14.04 to go full release.
The SDL v. 9.7.2-315 won't go fullscreen. In resume, i think Qt version works better for me (and now i have sound). One strange thing: Qt v.9.7.2-315 shuts down inmediately when tried to run God Of War Ghost Of Sparta. Same game in SDL works fine (not smoothly, but works).
Another game tested: Justice League Heroes on Qt v. 9.7.2-315. Works just fine, great movement, great audio, full screen, some glitches on movie intro.

Downloading ppsspp 9.8-142 SDL & Qt

Thank for your work xenonwildfire, PPSSPP it's gettin better!!
Yor welcome, Kubuntu 14.04 works fine in beta right now even though I have had some problems but over all seem nice, it just updated to beta 2 today so faar I haven't had no crashes yet. I will test them games to see how they run on my system and give you feed back. And thanks for all the replys at leaast I know someone is taking time testing my build :-)
03-29-2014, 03:52 PM
ppsspp 9.8-182 SDL & QT uploaded.
04-04-2014, 05:21 AM
ppsspp 9.8-238 SDL & QT uploaded.
04-11-2014, 06:32 PM
ppsspp 9.8-301 SDL & QT uploaded.
04-17-2014, 03:03 AM
ppsspp 9.8-410 SDL & QT uploaded.
04-19-2014, 04:56 PM
(04-11-2014 06:32 PM)xenowildfire Wrote:  ppsspp 9.8-301 SDL & QT uploaded.
Testing on SDL build, with Kubuntu 13.10 (still), AMD A10-5800K APU, 8 GB RAM
Fullscreen won't start, i've use your tip and strart it from the terminal with ./PPSSPPSDL --fullscreen
Games:
PoP The Forgotten Sands: Perfect. Great response, great graphics, even the sound works fine. In the cinematics, some glitches, minor issue.
GOW (both, Sparta and Chains). Slow motion, but the response for the joystick it's good. Tried some things on settings, with no results. Bad sound, but no the worst. It´s not enjoyable for now.
Indiana Jones And The Staff...: iḿ really happy with this. Now it doesn't have artifacts, and response and movements are good, enough for me to play with a big smile. The sound seems to be better in spanish version (quite strage). The original audio jumps all aroud.
Monster Hunter 2 Freedom: Great graphics and sound. The movement a litte bit slow, but playable, all way.
Alien Vs. Predator: won't start.
Lord Of The Rings Aragorn: Response, graphics and movement, perfect. The audio, the worst, it's like a saw machine: I've played a little while, to see if the change of scenario could fix it, but no.
Dante's Inferno: Audio, movements and reponse, perfect. Could be playing right now, if not for the continuosly artifacts getting in the way, almost imposible to see anything.

next post, with Qt version 9.8-301 test on some other games.

Qt version test on some games, same machine. Fullscreen works. One problem closing the program: if it was fullscreen, goes directly to user login, in graphic mode, but if it was on normal screen before quiing, works fine.

Lord Of The Rings Aragorn: same reponse. Terrible audio.
Sponge Bob's Truth or Square. Excellent. Everithings works.
Indiana Jones and the...: can't play. Too slow on cinematics and movements. The audio too. The grapchis are full of artifatcs.
GOW Olympus: A disaster. In fullscreen goes blank, with no reponse of keyboard, joystick ir mouse. No soun either. Had to reset, and that means that i don't understand what happened.
GOW Sparta: intro screen pixelated. Poor speed.Cinematics good. Game does not begins, the progam shuts down inmediately.
Dante's Inferno: same response.of the SDL port.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Good reponse and speed. Audio works, some problems on cinematics. Of course, it's playable.
Alien vs Predator: does not start.
Monster Hunter Freedom 2: same status in SDL port.
Prince Of Persia Rival Swords: Can't play. A strage white tide takes over the cinematics at the end, and the game screen keeps that way.

I can see that some of the problems may be solved if i update my kubuntu to 14.04, but i'm considering going back to Debian.
Thank you Xenonwildfire for the new build, i'll be downloading and testing it as soon as i can!!
04-22-2014, 07:32 PM
(04-19-2014 04:56 PM)soloparaforo Wrote:  
Testing on SDL build, with Kubuntu 13.10 (still), AMD A10-5800K APU, 8 GB RAM
Fullscreen won't start, i've use your tip and strart it from the terminal with ./PPSSPPSDL --fullscreen
Games:
PoP The Forgotten Sands: Perfect. Great response, great graphics, even the sound works fine. In the cinematics, some glitches, minor issue.
GOW (both, Sparta and Chains). Slow motion, but the response for the joystick it's good. Tried some things on settings, with no results. Bad sound, but no the worst. It´s not enjoyable for now.
Indiana Jones And The Staff...: iḿ really happy with this. Now it doesn't have artifacts, and response and movements are good, enough for me to play with a big smile. The sound seems to be better in spanish version (quite strage). The original audio jumps all aroud.
Monster Hunter 2 Freedom: Great graphics and sound. The movement a litte bit slow, but playable, all way.
Alien Vs. Predator: won't start.
Lord Of The Rings Aragorn: Response, graphics and movement, perfect. The audio, the worst, it's like a saw machine: I've played a little while, to see if the change of scenario could fix it, but no.
Dante's Inferno: Audio, movements and reponse, perfect. Could be playing right now, if not for the continuosly artifacts getting in the way, almost imposible to see anything.

next post, with Qt version 9.8-301 test on some other games.

Qt version test on some games, same machine. Fullscreen works. One problem closing the program: if it was fullscreen, goes directly to user login, in graphic mode, but if it was on normal screen before quiing, works fine.

Lord Of The Rings Aragorn: same reponse. Terrible audio.
Sponge Bob's Truth or Square. Excellent. Everithings works.
Indiana Jones and the...: can't play. Too slow on cinematics and movements. The audio too. The grapchis are full of artifatcs.
GOW Olympus: A disaster. In fullscreen goes blank, with no reponse of keyboard, joystick ir mouse. No soun either. Had to reset, and that means that i don't understand what happened.
GOW Sparta: intro screen pixelated. Poor speed.Cinematics good. Game does not begins, the progam shuts down inmediately.
Dante's Inferno: same response.of the SDL port.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Good reponse and speed. Audio works, some problems on cinematics. Of course, it's playable.
Alien vs Predator: does not start.
Monster Hunter Freedom 2: same status in SDL port.
Prince Of Persia Rival Swords: Can't play. A strage white tide takes over the cinematics at the end, and the game screen keeps that way.

I can see that some of the problems may be solved if i update my kubuntu to 14.04, but i'm considering going back to Debian.
Thank you Xenonwildfire for the new build, i'll be downloading and testing it as soon as i can!!
I have tried both God of wars and I have no problems or any of the problems when in full screen going back to log in, try updating to 14.04 to see if it helps. I haven't chanced anything the way I compile it.
My sound works fine it seems in everything I have played.
Thanks for giving me feedback and trying my builds, it might have something to do with the devs though.
04-23-2014, 09:12 PM
ppsspp 9.8-495 SDL & QT uploaded.