Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pre compiled ppsspp SDL & QT Linux build.64bit
12-28-2013, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 12:37 AM by xenowildfire.)
Pre compiled ppsspp SDL & QT Linux build.64bit
I compiled ppsspp on Linux Mint 13 64 bit and I need to have someone test to see if it works,I compiled ppsspp with SDL and Qt. Please test and give me feedback.
Make sure you have SDL installed, for Debian/Ubuntu/Linux Mint or their derivatives using terminal.
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev.

For PpssppQt to work I'm not sure if you need anything installed but to be sure install Qtcreator by putting this in terminal: sudo apt-get install qtcreator and install qt-mobility-devel (the only way I know on how to install it is thru Synaptic Package Manager.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fvzkgficlwwg5/ppsspp

If it works I will update it.
Thanks in advance for testing.

ppsspp 9.6-209 is uploaded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Pre compiled ppsspp Linux build.
ppsspp 9.6-292 is uploaded.
01-04-2014, 06:13 AM
ppsspp 9.6-318 SDL & Qt uploaded
01-05-2014, 03:21 AM
ppsspp 9.6-338 SDL & Qt uploaded
01-06-2014, 01:01 PM
ppsspp 9.6-356 SDL & Qt uploaded
01-08-2014, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 07:31 PM by wolfteam20.)
RE: Pre compiled ppsspp SDL & QT Linux build.
Hi , i was trying to test the sdl version (im using elementary os, its based on ubuntu 12.04) but nothing happens when i try to open the PPSSPPSDL
(i already installed libsdl1.2-dev)

am i missing something D:?
01-09-2014, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 01:33 AM by xenowildfire.)
(01-08-2014 07:30 PM)wolfteam20 Wrote:  Hi , i was trying to test the sdl version (im using elementary os, its based on ubuntu 12.04) but nothing happens when i try to open the PPSSPPSDL
(i already installed libsdl1.2-dev)

am i missing something D:?
Are you on 32bit or 64 bit?
Did you try Qt? That should be all you need to get it to work, what number was it?
Try one of AngelXwind's testing builds to see if it works.
01-09-2014, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 07:09 PM by wolfteam20.)
my system is 32bits , i tried both the qt and sdl version (338 and 356) but nothing (i already installed qt creator and qt-mobility-dev) apart from than , the AngelXwind's stable and testing builds are working for me
01-10-2014, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 01:12 AM by xenowildfire.)
RE: Pre compiled ppsspp SDL & QT Linux build.64bit
(01-09-2014 06:58 PM)wolfteam20 Wrote:  my system is 32bits , i tried both the qt and sdl version (338 and 356) but nothing (i already installed qt creator and qt-mobility-dev) apart from than , the AngelXwind's stable and testing builds are working for me

I think mine are 64bit builds that's why they won't work for you, I use a 64bit OS to build them not unless I can change how they are built.
I changed the subject so people will know.

ppsspp 9.6-385 SDL & QT uploaded
01-18-2014, 06:40 PM
ppsspp 9.6-455 SDL and Qt uploaded.
01-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Can someone let me know if sound is working in the latest ppsspp Qt please.
01-23-2014, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 09:06 PM by soloparaforo.)
Thank you for sharing your build of this great great emulator. I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit, AMD APU 10, 8 GB Ram. The Qt versión works better than SDL. Don'y know why, but karenbuild runs slow and the sound was like crashed, and i was incapable of get the settings right, i'd try everything.
Got some minor problems, though, in Qt version (the one that works best for me) of the last build you share (the only one i've tested)
-movements and sound only run fluid with Frameskipping option on Autio The audio works fine, with minor glitches, in gameplay.
-the last couple of times i played, joystick control stops respongfing well to commands. I've tried putting on new settings for it, but didn't get better.It's very strange, because it all work too well.
-In SDL version is missing the fullscreen option. In Qt works excellent, with one problem: if i didd't go back to middle screen with F11 before exit PPSSPP, the whole KDE desktop reset, and i go back to Sign In screen on my computer. To me is a minor thing, nevertheless.

The main game for this test is God Of War Chains Of Olympus, yes it is demanding, but that's the idea.
I've tried to make my own build: have no experience at all and i failed, but i know its the best way to get this excellent emulator on the go. In the meantime, i'll wait for your builds, if you continue sharing.
Thank you xenowildfire!

(english not my language, as you can see, ja!)
01-24-2014, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 06:33 AM by xenowildfire.)
(01-23-2014 08:51 PM)soloparaforo Wrote:  Thank you for sharing your build of this great great emulator. I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit, AMD APU 10, 8 GB Ram. The Qt versión works better than SDL. Don'y know why, but karenbuild runs slow and the sound was like crashed, and i was incapable of get the settings right, i'd try everything.
Got some minor problems, though, in Qt version (the one that works best for me) of the last build you share (the only one i've tested)
-movements and sound only run fluid with Frameskipping option on Autio The audio works fine, with minor glitches, in gameplay.
-the last couple of times i played, joystick control stops respongfing well to commands. I've tried putting on new settings for it, but didn't get better.It's very strange, because it all work too well.
-In SDL version is missing the fullscreen option. In Qt works excellent, with one problem: if i didd't go back to middle screen with F11 before exit PPSSPP, the whole KDE desktop reset, and i go back to Sign In screen on my computer. To me is a minor thing, nevertheless.

The main game for this test is God Of War Chains Of Olympus, yes it is demanding, but that's the idea.
I've tried to make my own build: have no experience at all and i failed, but i know its the best way to get this excellent emulator on the go. In the meantime, i'll wait for your builds, if you continue sharing.
Thank you xenowildfire!

(english not my language, as you can see, ja!)
Your welcome, on the latest qt build iI get no sound, not sure why but I will try your trick.
On SDL fullscreen does work when you go into controls and set it wit a button or You just use the command line.
path/to/PPSSPP_folder/./PPSSPPSDL --fullscreen

Try one of my older svn to see if they work better, I was using a different and older os when I was compiling them.
01-24-2014, 07:30 AM
ppsspp 9.6-566 SDL and Qt uploaded.
01-25-2014, 07:21 AM
hello,
the sound in QT version dont work for me. (the normal version YES)

machine: arch linux 64 bits.

its possible the qt version keep in full screen the program when it started?

thankx in advance for your work.
ps: my 1st msg here Smile