Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems running with Advance Launcher in XBMC. Command lines and arguments?
12-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Problems running with Advance Launcher in XBMC. Command lines and arguments?
Hi there! Really nice emulator that lets me play Itadaki Street Portable on my big screen via my HTPC running XBMC (on Windows).

I used Advance Launcher, a popular XBMC plugin for running external programs, especially emulators. I use the standard options for ROM Path and such, and the game will run, but without Sound. I have to pull out my keyboard, press Escape to go into the Menu and restart the game and I'm just fine.

I asked over at the XBMC forums and they said it's an issue that pops up in various programs and it all depends on what kind of command lines and arguments they have.

They have a WIKI set up, and it looks like they just added your emulator for Linux, so what they have doesn't help me any

http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=PSP

Any idea what I can do or add to have it work properly? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: Problems running with Advance Launcher in XBMC. Command lines and arguments?
Sorry for the double post and bump, but Anybody? Nothing? ;_;
12-30-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: Problems running with Advance Launcher in XBMC. Command lines and arguments?
This is on Windows? What specifically do you have to change - anything?

I guess I've never thought about whether sound is working when starting from the command line. Maybe there's a bug...

-[Unknown]
12-31-2013, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 01:11 AM by Choppasmith.)
I've attached a screenshot of the Launcher settings. It's pretty much default. I had previously tried adding --fullscreen and --windowed to the "Modify Arguments" and that just did what was expected but didn't seem to help anything. The only thing I had to change was the Toggle XBMC Windowed mode so that when I quit the emulator XBMC would pop back up in full screen (adding --fullscreen interfered with this too, but I doubt that relates to the sound).

Also yes, this a Windows 7 32 Bit Machine.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)