Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tag Force ad hoc Network Mode is unstable
06-07-2018, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 07:59 PM by DracusNarcrym.)
Tag Force ad hoc Network Mode is unstable
First of all, I would like to congratulate Mr. Henrik Rydgård and all contributing developers for their great work on PPSSPP. It means a great deal to us gamers who relish in the nostalgic feeling of playing our PSP games on platforms other than our PSPs.

Now, I know that ad hoc in PPSSPP is still in beta stage, however I thought I'd make a thread about it here so I could help other people experiencing similar issues.

I possess the original, untranslated version of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special which I recently purchased and ripped to an .iso file to play with my younger sister on our phones.

I have tried the following scenarios (we both used version 1.6.3 of PPSSPP):
1. Hosting on my PC and have my sister join me from her Android phone.
2. Hosting on my Android phone and have my sister join from her own Android phone using our router.
3. Same as (2) except I used my phone as a WiFi hotspot instead of using the router.

I have followed all steps in the sticky tutorial threads in this forum, verified tens of times.

I even tried using the 25% alternate speed trick I found online, used by people in the game Monster Hunter to fix desync issues.

In all the above cases, while we are able to join each other's hosted games, once we pressed what I believe meant "Connect" on our screen, the game displays the "A connection error has occurred." message (sometimes on my phone, sometimes on my sister's phone, sometimes on both phones).

We have only managed to connect to each other about two or three times out of hours of repeatedly trying, seemingly out of sheer luck.
However, once we did connect those few times, the game played smoothly.

I have figured out that the same happens with previous Tag Force games as well.

I would like to devote this thread as a message to other users trying to play Tag Force games in Network Mode using PPSSPP and are facing issues.

Hopefully the ad hoc mode in PPSSPP will be made more stable in future releases.

EDIT: Fixed some typos here and there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2018, 06:42 AM
RE: Tag Force ad hoc Network Mode is unstable
i also tryed to play with a friend but using hamachi pc to pc ygo tag force 3 we also had this error all the time "A connection error has occurred." we still managed to connect only 1 time and thats all i think if this is fixed tag force games can easy become most played ygo games i think.
03-08-2020, 03:39 PM
Try older versions of ppsspp (1.3 or lower). I used PPSSPP-v1.1.1-202-Adhoc_stuff-chatSimple and i was able to playy tag force 2, 3, 6 and arcv adhoc with no problems. The problem now is you can only play 1v1 and not tag duel as it causes errors if you do so. Hope this helps.
04-28-2020, 10:01 AM
Yeah, agree!