Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
final fantasy type-0 iso merge file issue
12-22-2013, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 05:01 AM by ade32.)
Question final fantasy type-0 iso merge file issue
is there any ff fans here who plays final fantasy type-0 with translation services of skybladecloud?? I want to ask you who is successfully plays ff type-0 iso merge with ppsspp! how can you do that?? please let me know.

oh ya ,,here is skybladecloud site that offer the ff type-0 english translation http://skybladecloud.wordpress.com/proje...so-merging

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
intel(R) core(TM)2 duo cpu
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

sorry for bad english, i'm indonesian.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: final fantasy type-0 iso merge file issue
1. That's not a translation. It'll be released when it's fully translated and that has at least few months more.
2. In his tries to merge iso's - Skybladecloud apparently messed too much with game as you can read in here, and merged iso doesn't work properly at this time. Normal non-merged game boots and works just fine, except ofc some graphic problems and ocassional slowdowns it still has.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Actually is just how sceIoSeek work, I thought I was implemented in previous versions, but from what I've tested it can't seek over the 2GB limit. In fact, the real PSP can't either, and that's why the last version of the merged ISO requires the Inferno UMD driver in order to work with no problems; that one can seek alright.

Note that the merged ISO should boot alright in PPSSPP (I do all my testing there), the only problem is that some videos (the ones placed beyond the 2GB limit) will give you a black screen (you can still skip them anyway, there is no other data beside videos in the unreachable segment of the UMD). Again, with the Inferno UMD driver everything will work as intended.

Messing around with sceIoSeek should enable the emulator to run the merged ISO just like the original UMD, but then again, this is the only case, that I know, where seeking over 2GB would be required, so implementing support for it might sound unnecessary xD

~Sky
12-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Will the disc merging be required to play with the translation, or will it be optional once it's released? Just curious.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Unless it's 100% required, I wouldn't like to go through the pain of splitting them back to 2 UMD's again...
I merged them to make the translation easier, and it was a good idea for the project.
The current plan is to keep it that way unless there is a good reason to split them again.

12-22-2013, 03:30 PM
I was merely curious, that's all. I would guess it's probably not too hard to get PPSSPP to allow for larger ISO sizes. I'm not too familiar with our sceIo code though. Tongue

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-23-2013, 02:14 AM
(12-22-2013 03:27 PM)SkyBladeCloud Wrote:  Unless it's 100% required, I wouldn't like to go through the pain of splitting them back to 2 UMD's again...
I merged them to make the translation easier, and it was a good idea for the project.
The current plan is to keep it that way unless there is a good reason to split them again.

sky,,,i don't understand what are you saying on your reply before. i just follow the instruction like you said in your wordpress but it's getting error. the iso size become 2,6 gb after i finished the instruction. my ppsspp said, "error loading file:failed to executed file:file corrupt". please see my pc specs.

would you tell me another instruction,sky??

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

12-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Err, well, what I basically said is that the game should boot alright, and should be playable. I've never had that error you mention, however, 2.6 GB is too much for the merged iso (it should be around 2.35GB or so).

It's as simple as opening the iso on UMDGen, and going through all its files. Replacing them with the ones from the merged files. For example, insise SISDIR you'll have to replace the EBOOT.BIN file. Then inside USRDIR, you'll have to replace both yellow.fsd, and yellow.pkg. Try replacing just those 3 files first (they are the core files). Then save the new ISO and try again on the emulator.

If I could reproduce that error, I could give you more support, but I don't really know what could be wrong about it...

12-25-2013, 07:00 AM
(12-23-2013 04:01 PM)SkyBladeCloud Wrote:  Err, well, what I basically said is that the game should boot alright, and should be playable. I've never had that error you mention, however, 2.6 GB is too much for the merged iso (it should be around 2.35GB or so).

It's as simple as opening the iso on UMDGen, and going through all its files. Replacing them with the ones from the merged files. For example, insise SISDIR you'll have to replace the EBOOT.BIN file. Then inside USRDIR, you'll have to replace both yellow.fsd, and yellow.pkg. Try replacing just those 3 files first (they are the core files). Then save the new ISO and try again on the emulator.

If I could reproduce that error, I could give you more support, but I don't really know what could be wrong about it...

thank you sir,,now the game is working. btw sir, did the english patched almost done???

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

12-25-2013, 02:37 PM
It's about 70% done, working on it right now Wink

~Sky
12-26-2013, 03:29 AM
(12-25-2013 02:37 PM)SkyBladeCloud Wrote:  It's about 70% done, working on it right now Wink

~Sky

cool sir,,,, i really want to help this project sir, but unfortunately i only learn the basic of japanese language. btw sir, if the english project done , it will combined with iso merge file or separated sir???

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

12-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Jeeeeeezus it's SkyBladeCloud, man I'm a fan of your dissidia work and waiting patiently for the IMR hack.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Sir sir sir sir sir omfg enough -.- you can merge files to be 1 iso but it's not gonna be translated since translation is done only in 67% or less they might need few more active translators to make it come true. (so basically you will have 2 umd in 1 in japanesse) if you still don't get it read my post twice

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
12-27-2013, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 03:46 PM by ade32.)
(12-27-2013 09:58 AM)curraja Wrote:  Sir sir sir sir sir omfg enough -.- you can merge files to be 1 iso but it's not gonna be translated since translation is done only in 67% or less they might need few more active translators to make it come true. (so basically you will have 2 umd in 1 in japanesse) if you still don't get it read my post twice

Rolleyes LOL ,,who's need your help anyway ;P cuz the problem have been solved n what's up kiddo, are you got butthurt ?? . hey if you have nothing to say just put your fmind away from my thread. READ THE GLOBAL FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING KID !!!

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

12-27-2013, 03:21 PM
(12-22-2013 02:45 PM)SkyBladeCloud Wrote:  Actually is just how sceIoSeek work, I thought I was implemented in previous versions, but from what I've tested it can't seek over the 2GB limit. In fact, the real PSP can't either, and that's why the last version of the merged ISO requires the Inferno UMD driver in order to work with no problems; that one can seek alright.

Ah, yeah, it probably doesn't, especially if the PSP doesn't either.

The issue is just for the iso itself, not files on it, right? Is it using block device mode (umd0: etc.) or regular file access that's the problem?

Should be fixable. Perhaps a reduced testcase with a cso of a well-padded test iso would help be sure if we fixed it properly...

-[Unknown]