Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apple A7 optimizations?
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Apple A7 optimizations?
Now that the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak is finally out, how's the chance that ppsspp can be optimized for the A7 processor?
Can we squeeze a few more fps out with 64bit and can the M7 Motion coprocessor be used for PPSSPP ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 09:37 PM by Henrik.)
RE: Apple A7 optimizations?
The motion coprocessor is for gps trackers and step counters, heh. No use for PPSSPP.

When ARM64-based Android devices arrive, I will spend the time to make a 64-bit JIT to fully utilize the power. I expect a fairly decent speedup as the greater register count means that we will be able to direct map the most common MIPS registers, instead of dynamically allocating them. This will benefit A7 as well.
12-23-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Apple A7 optimizations?
(12-22-2013 09:36 PM)Henrik Wrote:  The motion coprocessor is for gps trackers and step counters, heh. No use for PPSSPP.

When ARM64-based Android devices arrive, I will spend the time to make a 64-bit JIT to fully utilize the power. I expect a fairly decent speedup as the greater register count means that we will be able to direct map the most common MIPS registers, instead of dynamically allocating them. This will benefit A7 as well.

Sounds great, can't wait to see you work your magic!