Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games Running in Different Regions Than Intended
12-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Games Running in Different Regions Than Intended
I thought the emulator (and game in question) defaulted to en_US, but apparently not. The text is slightly different when I play SFA3 on my PSP than it is in this emulator. Is there an option to change the region and/or bios of the emu?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2013, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 11:42 PM by TheDax.)
RE: Games Running in Different Regions Than Intended
If you change the UI language, if the game has a corresponding in-game language that matches, it'll use that.

If you don't mind tweaking the configuration ini, you can change the Language setting under SystemParam, using this as a guide (as long as you don't change the UI language, PPSSPP shouldn't touch the Language value if you edit it while the emulator is closed):

JAPANESE 0
ENGLISH 1
FRENCH 2
SPANISH 3
GERMAN 4
ITALIAN 5
DUTCH 6
PORTUGUESE 7
RUSSIAN 8
KOREAN 9
CHINESE_TRADITIONAL 10
CHINESE_SIMPLIFIED 11

Just set Language to one of those numeric values and your game should boot in that language.

Example:
Code:
[SystemParam]
Language = 7

This will boot your game in Portuguese, if your game has Portuguese in it.

But to answer your question, the PSP is region-free. Game ISOs have differing regions, but the system itself isn't locked in any way. Not all regions' games will have all languages. Also, PPSSPP has no real "bios" so to speak, it simulates the PSP OS with our own implementation so that the real firmware files aren't required. How does the text differ between your PSP and PPSSPP?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-18-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Games Running in Different Regions Than Intended
On my PSP, the Press Start text is different than PPSSPP. One says "Press Start" the other "Press Start Button". Very curious to see whats going on here, thanks!