• 11 Votes - 4.27 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
06-08-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Hey fellow monster hunters, i joined tunngle and my nickname is : jigalowjugs
add me for some monster slaying. i added you barbanium. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 03:05 PM by pedobearbg.)
can you explain me how to play with my fr MHFU i can't see them in the rooms Sad
06-09-2014, 03:18 PM
(06-09-2014 03:05 PM)pedobearbg Wrote:  can you explain me how to play with my fr MHFU i can't see them in the rooms Sad

Tunngle or Hamachi?

In Tunngle, there are 2 rooms for this game: "Monster Hunter" and "Monster Hunter Freedom Unite."
(Just type "monster hunter" in the search bar and you'll see!) Smile
Check both!

In Hamachi, you have to create a room for your friends to join OR you join the room they created. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-09-2014, 03:22 PM
(06-09-2014 03:05 PM)pedobearbg Wrote:  can you explain me how to play with my fr MHFU i can't see them in the rooms Sad

There are guide for thse thing try check it out
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=9754

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=11398

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=8148

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-09-2014, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 05:52 PM by vnctdj.)
(06-07-2014 11:53 PM)Bunny447 Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 08:59 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Bunny447, can you describe your idea more precisely ?
Anyway, we can try this thing when we will have time Smile

Alright. This is what I kind of understand of what Hamachi, Tunngle etc do.

They create virtual networks, and by doing that it tricks Windows into thinking you're all in a local network. Because everything goes through Hamachi and Windows thinks it's all through a LAN (Local Area Network), you don't have to worry about opening ports. That's usually the benefit people want when hosting a game server.

The Ad-Hoc line in our PPSSPP.ini is where you tell it where it should try to connect to, which would usually be someone in Hamachi. That IP would point to a certain person in the virtual network.

Now, what I'm trying to do is that when people want to join, they don't have to be in the Hamachi network. I need to port-forward. I need to open the ports that the thing I want to host (In our case, the Ad-Hoc server on port 27312) and forward them to my local IP assigned to me by my router.

If anyone would want to join, all they'd have to do is put my IP (you can find you IP on http://www.whatismyip.com) in the Ad-Hoc line in your .ini, and it would automatically let you join without having to use Hamachi.

This would be great if you're always on the same network and you want people to be able join easily. Also, if you run a home server you could leave it on at all times and be able to play from everywhere at all times as long as you have internet without having to worry about Hamachi or such.

I could of course be completely wrong in how it works and what Hamachi does since I'm nowhere near an expert, but eliminating the need for Hamachi should be possible, I just need to know what ports to open.

Issues that I'm having right now for example, is that they show up on the Ad-Hoc server cmd window, but we can't see each other in the gathering hall. I am able to see when someone connects, and they don't get a communication error, so they are able to connect to me. This leaves me to think that I might have to open a few other ports for MHFU itself. Again, I could be wrong since I'm no expert at this, but it is what I suspect right now.

If I manage to get it to work properly I'll make a lengthy tutorial on the forum on how to do it to help everyone else achieve the same.

OK, thank you very much for these good explanations Smile
Now I understand perfectly what you want to do...

So, your problem is related to ports...
I will tell you what I know and what I think about this Smile

At the beginning of the ad-hoc support of PPSSPP, we have discovered that games are using some ports to communicate between players...
And then we have to open these ports in order to get it working.
Here comes the problem ! We don't know which ports we have to open Undecided
Moreover, each game is using its own ports.

We have found that, apparently, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is using the following ports : 10000, 20001, 20002, 20003 and certainly others...
Without forgetting about port 27312 for our ad-hoc server...

It means that :
  • each player have to port forward his ports (and it's something that a lot of people don't know how to)
  • we will need to find all the ports that the game uses
  • we will have to do this for each game we want to play !
Therefore, when we have seen all that mess, we have quickly chosen that using virtual networks is a lot more convenient and reliable !
We just have to install Tunngle or any other similar software and don't worry about the ports anymore Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-10-2014, 05:34 AM
I still have a question. Im confused on whenever I go in game with my friend and we both break off from eachother.

- We did disable Firewall
- Using Evolve and tried Hamachi
- 25% speed method
- Looked at [Tutorial] Simple way to play multiplayer using Tunngle by Raily187 guide and change options to how he/she did

Sadly I am still confused if someone can help me that is awesome. Thanks guys Big Grin
06-10-2014, 06:10 AM
(06-09-2014 05:51 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 11:53 PM)Bunny447 Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 08:59 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Bunny447, can you describe your idea more precisely ?
Anyway, we can try this thing when we will have time Smile

Alright. This is what I kind of understand of what Hamachi, Tunngle etc do.

They create virtual networks, and by doing that it tricks Windows into thinking you're all in a local network. Because everything goes through Hamachi and Windows thinks it's all through a LAN (Local Area Network), you don't have to worry about opening ports. That's usually the benefit people want when hosting a game server.

The Ad-Hoc line in our PPSSPP.ini is where you tell it where it should try to connect to, which would usually be someone in Hamachi. That IP would point to a certain person in the virtual network.

Now, what I'm trying to do is that when people want to join, they don't have to be in the Hamachi network. I need to port-forward. I need to open the ports that the thing I want to host (In our case, the Ad-Hoc server on port 27312) and forward them to my local IP assigned to me by my router.

If anyone would want to join, all they'd have to do is put my IP (you can find you IP on http://www.whatismyip.com) in the Ad-Hoc line in your .ini, and it would automatically let you join without having to use Hamachi.

This would be great if you're always on the same network and you want people to be able join easily. Also, if you run a home server you could leave it on at all times and be able to play from everywhere at all times as long as you have internet without having to worry about Hamachi or such.

I could of course be completely wrong in how it works and what Hamachi does since I'm nowhere near an expert, but eliminating the need for Hamachi should be possible, I just need to know what ports to open.

Issues that I'm having right now for example, is that they show up on the Ad-Hoc server cmd window, but we can't see each other in the gathering hall. I am able to see when someone connects, and they don't get a communication error, so they are able to connect to me. This leaves me to think that I might have to open a few other ports for MHFU itself. Again, I could be wrong since I'm no expert at this, but it is what I suspect right now.

If I manage to get it to work properly I'll make a lengthy tutorial on the forum on how to do it to help everyone else achieve the same.

OK, thank you very much for these good explanations Smile
Now I understand perfectly what you want to do...

So, your problem is related to ports...
I will tell you what I know and what I think about this Smile

At the beginning of the ad-hoc support of PPSSPP, we have discovered that games are using some ports to communicate between players...
And then we have to open these ports in order to get it working.
Here comes the problem ! We don't know which ports we have to open Undecided
Moreover, each game is using its own ports.

We have found that, apparently, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is using the following ports : 10000, 20001, 20002, 20003 and certainly others...
Without forgetting about port 27312 for our ad-hoc server...

It means that :
  • each player have to port forward his ports (and it's something that a lot of people don't know how to)
  • we will need to find all the ports that the game uses
  • we will have to do this for each game we want to play !
Therefore, when we have seen all that mess, we have quickly chosen that using virtual networks is a lot more convenient and reliable !
We just have to install Tunngle or any other similar software and don't worry about the ports anymore Wink

Thanks, that clears things up. It would still be nice for me to port-forward though, but I can see why it's not for everyone. It would be great in my situation since all people I want to play with are on desktops, I can access all of them and because I know how to port forward.

But, are you sure you have to port-forward it on every PC? It seems unlikely since it's usually never the case.

Also, I've been getting other issues. My PPSSPP.ini keeps resetting itself to its previous settings, forcing me to make it read-only. Whenever I have to edit it I have to take the read-only off, edit it and put read-only back on.

Playing on my LAN also seemed to not work when Hamachi did. On LAN the host would see no one, and the others would see their name twice when someone else is already in the gathering hall. Pretty annoying.
06-10-2014, 07:43 AM
hi guys i just wanted to post my own hamachi network here cuz it seems all those that ive tried are full

ID: steeleyed's monster hunting
PASS: boomstick
hope to see you there
06-10-2014, 02:47 PM
(06-10-2014 06:10 AM)Bunny447 Wrote:  But, are you sure you have to port-forward it on every PC? It seems unlikely since it's usually never the case.

From what I remember, each player have to port forward...

(06-10-2014 06:10 AM)Bunny447 Wrote:  Also, I've been getting other issues. My PPSSPP.ini keeps resetting itself to its previous settings, forcing me to make it read-only. Whenever I have to edit it I have to take the read-only off, edit it and put read-only back on.

That's strange...
Have you tried to edit the IP address and MAC address in PPSSPP options ? The latest builds available here allow that Smile

(06-10-2014 06:10 AM)Bunny447 Wrote:  Playing on my LAN also seemed to not work when Hamachi did. On LAN the host would see no one, and the others would see their name twice when someone else is already in the gathering hall. Pretty annoying.

Very strange too...
When you play locally, each player have to use the IP of the person who host the ad-hoc server and have a different MAC address from the others, that's all Smile
I personally don't have any problem with that Undecided

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Hey, sorry for bothering you but can you help me fix the getting broken off error in mission start? I'm still very confused :|
06-10-2014, 03:43 PM
(06-10-2014 03:16 PM)HelioSky Wrote:  Hey, sorry for bothering you but can you help me fix the getting broken off error in mission start? I'm still very confused :|

you and friends need toggle alternative speed to 25% before go to mission then toggle it back to standard it finish loading. It work for me at least .

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-10-2014, 04:14 PM
(06-10-2014 03:43 PM)Ritori Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 03:16 PM)HelioSky Wrote:  Hey, sorry for bothering you but can you help me fix the getting broken off error in mission start? I'm still very confused :|

you and friends need toggle alternative speed to 25% before go to mission then toggle it back to standard it finish loading. It work for me at least .

Thank you! It finally works I just configured the settings a bit and tried the alternative speed thing again, and it worked Big Grin Thanks Alot!

- OFF TO HUNT MONSTERS
06-10-2014, 04:23 PM
(06-10-2014 04:14 PM)HelioSky Wrote:  Thank you! It finally works I just configured the settings a bit and tried the alternative speed thing again, and it worked Big Grin Thanks Alot!

- OFF TO HUNT MONSTERS

Tunngle or Hamachi? May I join?

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
(06-10-2014 04:23 PM)barbanium Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 04:14 PM)HelioSky Wrote:  Thank you! It finally works I just configured the settings a bit and tried the alternative speed thing again, and it worked Big Grin Thanks Alot!

- OFF TO HUNT MONSTERS

Tunngle or Hamachi? May I join?

I am using Evolve, and I'm not sure if you would be able to join, I'll ask the others when their back from outside.
06-10-2014, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 09:05 PM by Atsuko.)
Anyone playing through hamachi? I'm looking for some partners to do Shen Gao Ren Guild Urgent =) (And ofcourse to play some more other than just that )

My Location: The Netherlands, Europe.