Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin
08-03-2015, 05:50 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin
There doesn't seem to be much update for this game, so I thought I'd mention something:

BGM, SFX, and Voices work on version 1.0.1 (I've only tested the PC version) and the game has been running smoothly for me. I'm at 40 minutes in so far. Cheats also seem stable, but, I've only tested the money cheat to see if the game freezes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 07:33 AM
Hello, I'm new using this emulator and the first game I've tried is this one. Video is perfect, but I can't hear anything at all in the cutscenes nor in the game itself. Is there any solution? I've checked the volume is on in the game and in the emulator, but nothing.
11-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Ok that's strange, usually it's gameplay that hangs on crappy systems but for some reason on my PC the videos on this game Persona 1, FF4 and Type 0 became slideshows while the game can even be accelerated, the intros for P3 and Disgaea 2 are okay

I screwed some setting?

The emulator version is 1.3-26 the backend was forced to Direct3D (video card died recently).

Some system information:

Foxconn M61PMV Series
nVIDIA nForce 6100-430, AMD K10
DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 240, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
4GB DDR2-800
12-11-2016, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 08:32 AM by Oddnumber.)
I got lucky, by updating the on board video driver i got access to OGL2.0 onwards.

On OGL everyting returned to normal.
04-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Hi, I've been trying to run Persona 2 on windows but to no avail. Which is weird because I've had played it last year and had no problems.

The problem is that once I open the .iso all I get is a black screen, no audio. At first I thought it was an issue with ppsspp but other games work just fine, then I tried other p2 roms but that wasn't the problem either.

I also tried running it both on Direct3D and OpenGL 2.0 but nothing.

I'm thinking it's because of that video cutscene at the beggining that I get the black screen but I don't really know. Any ideas? This game has worked on my PC before so I'm confused.
06-06-2017, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 01:00 PM by lethal09.)
i have a problem with ppsspp latest version the game crashes when i try going to the court yard i have played on previous versions of the ppsspp with no problems at all and i know the ISO isn't the problem because i have had this ISO since 0.9.7. i am not pirating btw i have in fact a store bought copy of the game i just dont have a psp to play on anymore.
also i have played persona 3 portable and it works without any problems.
06-08-2017, 12:03 AM
What's the first version that crashes, and the most recent version that doesn't?

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=fulllist

It would help to narrow it down more than v0.9.7 to now. There've been more than 10,000 different changes to PPSSPP since v.0.9.7 (2014)... does v1.3.0 crash? v1.4.0? Was it introduced in git build v1.4.2-124-g6e98dbb?

-[Unknown]
07-17-2020, 09:56 PM
When rendering the game at a resolution greater than x1 some elements of the UI and menus are displayed incorrectly, it seems like the higher the resolution, the more it breaks.

I tested this both in OpenGL and Direct3D and the issue is always there.

I've been currently working on an HD texture pack for this game so if this problem could be solved I would greatly appreciate it.
https://github.com/BL4-z/Persona2HD
08-10-2022, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2022 01:19 AM by Monelay.)
Hey there! I am new to the forum. I got the lastest IOS version of PPSSPP running on my phone and booted up Persona 2. Everytime I get to Chief Todoroki and try to start spreading the first rumor, the game glitches out. After selecting the rumor and details, it takes me to the confirm screen, but Chief does not show up. The characters are still moving in the background and everything, but I can not confirm the rumor. Can anybody help?