Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSP vs PSVita: Which is better?
12-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Shocked PSP vs PSVita: Which is better?
I was wondering if PSVita is better that PSP. What features that PSVita had that does not appear in PSP?

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: PSP vs PSVita: Which is better?
HD look, touch screen and another analog. Tongue

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
12-01-2013, 08:56 AM
(12-01-2013 08:55 AM)Ritori Wrote:  HD look, touch screen and another analog. Tongue

oh you mean two analog stick juz like a real playstation 2 0r 3 would have? Tongue

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
12-01-2013, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 09:00 AM by ZeroX4.)
(12-01-2013 02:54 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  I was wondering if PSVita is better that PSP. What features that PSVita had that does not appear in PSP?

i think im bad person to give u advices on ps vita since i dont even seen one in real life but i seen reviews and in all cases few things strike me right in to my ass so painful that im not willing to do anything to play on vita

im always looking at hardware from side of how it works for me and not what i can play on it (for example i had problem with music in many playstation games on EPSXE so i did not play them at now and just like 4 days ago i learned i was using bad sound plugin and now they work just fine so im real harsh if it comes to how it works cause like music is 50% of game for me - even if game is bad and the music is good i still would play it) but anyway

so lets start with this picture and talk about things which u can tell just by looking at it

[Image: PlayStation-Vita_2011_08-18-11_004.jpg]

1st thing we can tell just by looking at it is that on the left side of it we see bunch of holes < its actually speaker so we are sure that on right side there are also that dots since ps vita is stere for sure

but if you look long enough and starting imagine how you hold psvita in ur hands and than imagine what part of psv will ur thumbs cover ? maybe like whole speakers ?

thats bad for start

2nd thing as you see the analog sticks are very close to d-pad and buttons so for sure its easy to hit it by accident

3rd idk how it looks in real life but for me top of analogs looks very slick/smooth or what ever i mean ur fingers when u play hardcore and are sweating will for sure slip

and 4 thing i know from reviews which just hurt me right in to my balls
is fact that like in PSP we just connect psp to our pcs and our pc sees it as regular USB pen drive

ps vita is only visible on ur pc via special ps vita program you need to install 1st before u can transfer anything from or to your vita or pc

this mean modding vita will be harder allot so idk how for example will the emulators work on vita for other systems

like it would be cool if psp emulators wwould work on ps vita but idk if they do but if not than dont expect many emulators for other systems on vita

any hardware which uses it own software to connect to ur pc is hard to mod and for me that is 1 thing i cant forgive

there was also some PROBLEM with PSN i dont remember for sure what it was but it was like it connects when u start a game to see if ur friends are playing and update ur stuff im probably wrong but i remember in reviews they was talking about something like that

next thing is tht was something bad about menus idk if they - what i remember moving trough manus was painful as i seen it on reviews but i never had it in my hands so i cant tell you for sure

and psp isnt so perfect either for me most painful thing about psp is UMD i never used it like many ppls

i use it just as a pocket to physically hold my other SD cards so on 1 i have games on other emulators with roms 3rd from music and stuff

but they could use space of UMD to store there second battery so like imagine psp working whole day without need of charging but not looking at that UMD i think psp is much more better at many ways

that is just my opinion and i could be wrong or someone can have different one its just about what you care if it comes to consoles

btw look on the picture of psvita and look where is start and select button placed

do you think its good place for that buttons ?

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
12-01-2013, 09:17 AM
@ ZeroX4 no you're not a bad person Big Grin You just stating your opinion. Different people have different view about PSP and PS Vita.

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
12-01-2013, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 09:29 AM by ZeroX4.)
(12-01-2013 09:17 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  @ ZeroX4 no you're not a bad person Big Grin You just stating your opinion. Different people have different view about PSP and PS Vita.

im dyslectic i make may errors when im writing something cause even if i know how word should be correct than even so i just make mistakes

anyway most ppl that lecture me about it are ppls who never had dyslexia and i always tell them that they words of wisdom is like me (i am a guy) would tell any grill how women feel when she have THIS days < not looking on how retard it sounds > its something i could never experience so i should not tall lecture or give any words of wisdom about it to any 1 who is experiencing it

and so thats why i say im bad person to speak about vita cause its something i never experienced i just seen it on pictures and videos

well so in other words i just dont want any 1 take my opinion to heart and believe ps vita is so bad i would wish someone who actually was or is playing on vita said something here so we can compare it with my observation

----------------------
omg my posts count <3

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
12-01-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 09:52 AM by stodag.)
PS vita has better graphics, PSP has a bigger/ better library.. but vita has massive potential. only problem is the smartphone market is killin sales.

S TO DA G
12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
(12-01-2013 09:51 AM)stodag Wrote:  only problem is the smartphone market is killin sales.

True Confused

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I only have had PSP-2000/3000 models. Very nice for retro gaming.. i converted all my PS1 games for it. But now i have an iPhone 5s, SO i use this now. Does anybody know if the iPhone 5s is powerful than the PSP vita ?? would be nice to know!
12-01-2013, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 10:02 AM by stodag.)
If I'm correct, I think the 5s has a 64 bit processor.. which is the most powerful mobile processor todaySmile so yes per core its probably twice as fast.. vita does what it does though as the code is optimised by Sony..

edit: until the new iPhone gets jailbreak we won't see how well ppsspp performs unfortunatelySad

S TO DA G
12-01-2013, 10:23 AM
(12-01-2013 10:00 AM)stodag Wrote:  If I'm correct, I think the 5s has a 64 bit processor.. which is the most powerful mobile processor todaySmile so yes per core its probably twice as fast.. vita does what it does though as the code is optimised by Sony..

edit: until the new iPhone gets jailbreak we won't see how well ppsspp performs unfortunatelySad

You're right about PPSSPP not running on it... but you can get it working on iOS without a jailbreak. But no Dynarec JIT can be used... but if you don't mind.. you can actually install PPSSPP on iPhone 5s without a Jailbreak.
12-01-2013, 10:26 AM
That's what I meant.. it would be slow, not worth playing. Speed wise until its jail broken an ppsspp can run efficient code, its pointless.

S TO DA G
12-02-2013, 09:36 AM
It’s simple!! PS Vita hardware is much, I repeat MUCH better than PSP!! But now, talking about the games, I’m not sure if Vita is really better than PSP! After all, gaming isn’t just about HD graphics!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
12-03-2013, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 02:46 AM by TheDax.)
If you can get your hands on a PSPEmu hacked Vita (e.g. TN-V, up to firmware 3.0) then I'd say a Vita. The screen's much better, it'll play all of your PSP game ISOs, and it has a right analog stick which you can bind to almost anything. If you can only get a vanilla Vita though, eh, it's alright. I haven't checked release lists lately, but a lot of the Vita's games have been ports.

This is all my opinion, of course.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-25-2013, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 07:01 AM by shotseven.)
(12-01-2013 10:00 AM)stodag Wrote:  If I'm correct, I think the 5s has a 64 bit processor.. which is the most powerful mobile processor todaySmile so yes per core its probably twice as fast.. vita does what it does though as the code is optimised by Sony..

iOS 7 has been jailbroken, and released with evasi0n!

Unfortunately if you already know that, then you know that there's a bunch of controversy around its publication....
Additionally, even though the 5S is jailbroken, Mobile Substrate has not been optimized for 64 bit; any tweak relying on it will not work.
On the bright side, PPSSPP gets 45-60fps for the most part with Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
I believe JIT needs to be recompiled for ARM64, hence the lack of 60fps, so once that is updated, we should be good (minus awkward touch controls)

I'm sad about the awkward release, but grateful nonetheless, especially for f.lux