Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSP vs PSVita: Which is better?
01-03-2014, 08:26 AM
RE: PSP vs PSVita: Which is better?
(12-01-2013 08:55 AM)Ritori Wrote:  HD look, touch screen and another analog. Tongue

yeah. unfortunately Vita isn't HD. It's 960x544. I recently borrrowed my brother's Vita because Falcom decided to only make a Vita versioin of Ys: Memories of Celceta, and I sure as heck wasn't going to buy a vita for a single game.
While I do like the build quality, analog sticks, etc... i just don't like hand-held systems. The low resolution really sucks IMO, there is no way to connect this to your TV, and it's just hard to get comfortable while playing one of these devices. And that really sucks when it's a long game.

Also, I think some Vita games are not even being rendered at the native 960x544, rather they're being rendered smaller and poorly upscaled in order to not destroy the ARM processor. This brings a blurry/muddy look to certain games, and while I loved almost every aspect of Ys: Celceta, I was shocked to see how a brand new game wasn't running at least native resolution. Here are a couple screens...

Keep in mind, the VITA screenshot feature uses heavy jpg compression.

edit: Lemme get some other screens that wont risk spoiling anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: PSP vs PSVita: Which is better?
sorry but it's like comparing ps2 vs ps3 the difference has more catalog psp games that psp view
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply