Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Compatibilty with Ouya
11-28-2013, 04:44 AM
Game Compatibilty with Ouya
Hey guys

I couldn't find a proper thread where Ouya users posted what games actually work with the sideloaded PPSSPP app.

I'm curious if games like GTA LCS/VCS, God of War, Star Wars: Force Unleashed work well on the Ouya.

I'm mostly curious if Force Unleashed works. Honestly, if most PPSSPP games worked on the Ouya, it'd give me a reason to buy it. Right now I don't have any reason to buy it.

Anyone have an Ouya? Cool

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 - Stock 4.1.1

PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
AMD Radeon HD 5450
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 11:34 AM
RE: Game Compatibilty with Ouya
(11-28-2013 04:44 AM)Franco Wrote:  Anyone have an Ouya? Cool

No...
Find all posts by this user
11-28-2013, 11:43 AM
(11-28-2013 04:44 AM)Franco Wrote:  Anyone have an Ouya? Cool

Ouya? Is that an OS or something? Huh

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
11-28-2013, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 12:16 PM by Archimedes.)
(11-28-2013 11:43 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  Ouya? Is that an OS or something? Huh

No dude, it's an android console thingy. And being based on android, games that work on the android emulator should work on the ouya one. But I haven't seen threads that discuss ouya compatibility directly.
12-01-2013, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 02:33 AM by dlanor.)
(11-28-2013 04:44 AM)Franco Wrote:  Hey guys

I couldn't find a proper thread where Ouya users posted what games actually work with the sideloaded PPSSPP app.

I'm curious if games like GTA LCS/VCS, God of War, Star Wars: Force Unleashed work well on the Ouya.

I'm mostly curious if Force Unleashed works. Honestly, if most PPSSPP games worked on the Ouya, it'd give me a reason to buy it. Right now I don't have any reason to buy it.

Anyone have an Ouya? Cool

I do have an OUYA, but I don't have any of the games you mention, so I can't help you with compatibility info for any of them. But the OUYA's basic compatibility with the PPSSPP emulator is excellent. (I almost forgot to mention that I use sideloaded beta versions of PPSSPP, not the version available through google's app store.)

My own taste in games runs more towards RPG games, mostly turn-based and/or tactical, and not at all in the direction of action-fighter games or driving games.

Nearly all the games I've tried do work in PPSSPP on the OUYA, though some of them have graphic glitches (eg: Final Fantasy Tactics). And due to the nature of my games I've not really tested some features that may be very important for your games. (Like instant lag-free response in driving or real-time fighting etc.)

I'm only aware of a single game with OUYA-specific problems, this being the RPG "Class of Heroes", which has a tendency to crash in the deep dungeons due to some graphic rendering issue.

Best regards: dlanor
12-01-2013, 04:00 PM
PPSSPP is basically compatible with ouya and so all games that run on any smartphone should run on ouya too. How fast they are, and which bugs/glitches they have on the console you have to test yourself.
01-13-2014, 06:59 PM
I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles III on my Ouya with great results. Also tested Secret Agent Clank, which seems to be very happy also with only a few frame drops in particularly chaotic battles. The secret for me was to run PPSSPP with no upscaling whatsoever. This results in a great experience, if not the best graphics. Still better than native PSP though. I've been ripping some other games and I can report back on any glitches.