Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arch Linux PKGBUILD for PPSSPP with Qt UI
11-25-2013, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 02:32 AM by m45t3r.)
RE: Arch Linux PKGBUILD for PPSSPP with Qt UI
Now it works, thanks xsacha for the fix (I saw on git Big Grin). After I clean up my script and change the name (so -qt4 indicates the Qt4 and -qt indicates the Qt5 version) I will post the updated version on AUR.

Does anyone know how to only update the submodules instead of cloning them after each update? If I remove the "git submodule init" from my script it will not compile if the user didn't execute the "git submodule init" first. I want to init the submodules only if it's needed, if isn't needed just update.

Edit: Done:
Qt4: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ppsspp-qt4-git/
Qt5: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ppsspp-qt-git/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2013, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 03:41 AM by xsacha.)
That's what:
git submodule update --init
is meant to do.

By the way, why do you use this? export LDFLAGS="-lavutil -lavformat -lavcodec -lswscale -lswresample"
I don't think it does anything.
11-25-2013, 10:55 AM
(11-25-2013 03:35 AM)xsacha Wrote:  That's what:
git submodule update --init
is meant to do.

By the way, why do you use this? export LDFLAGS="-lavutil -lavformat -lavcodec -lswscale -lswresample"
I don't think it does anything.

Well, git submodule update --init still clone every module on every compile.

I don't know, I copied this from the PKGBUILD I used as base (that compiles PPSSPP SDL). They probably put there to fix the compilation sometime, but I don't think it's needed anymore. I will try to remove.
11-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Not sure why it is cloning more than once. It isn't meant to! Not doing it on my Linux system anyway.
Is init and then update working better for you? That's what you have in the script now :\
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 12:52 PM by m45t3r.)
(11-25-2013 12:30 PM)xsacha Wrote:  Not sure why it is cloning more than once. It isn't meant to! Not doing it on my Linux system anyway.
Is init and then update working better for you? That's what you have in the script now :\

I just put there because I thought someone would like to comment the init part after a build (so it would only do the update part), but it's still the same. I think since this is on build() function makepkg deletes everything after a succesful build (the clean part) Sad.

I will try using git submodule update --init on prepare() function, this may works.
11-27-2013, 04:12 AM
I did a workaround for git submodules: clone all the submodules and change the git config file to use the local clone instead of remote. Now it only updates instead of cloning everything Big Grin .
12-05-2013, 01:30 PM
One user said the builds are without sound if you don't have PulseAudio installed (PA is optional on Arch), getting this error on log: "Unable to create a connection to the pulseaudio context".

Do the Qt builds depends on PA, so I have to add it on "depends"? Or you just use what Qt offers to sound and this is what making PPSSPP somewhat dependent of PA?
12-05-2013, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 01:53 PM by xsacha.)
Qt doesn't have to use pulseaudio. It depends what it is compiled for.
It also depends whether you use QtMobility or QtMultimedia
It can use ALSA instead.

See: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-29742
I would suggest Arch maintainers do not build Qt for pulse audio if it is not installed/available. Otherwise, they should label Qt as dependent on pulse audio.
12-06-2013, 02:39 PM
(12-05-2013 01:50 PM)xsacha Wrote:  Qt doesn't have to use pulseaudio. It depends what it is compiled for.
It also depends whether you use QtMobility or QtMultimedia
It can use ALSA instead.

See: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-29742
I would suggest Arch maintainers do not build Qt for pulse audio if it is not installed/available. Otherwise, they should label Qt as dependent on pulse audio.

qt5-multimedia does depend of libpulse, but AFAIK various packages depend on libpulse to be installed but does not need to have a working PA configuration. This should work, but as I see on this bug report it probably does not work with qt5-multimedia. Sad Sad.

Since qt5-multimedia depends on libpulse already I will not modify anything. The qt4 situation is more strange: it does not depend of libpulse, so it seems Arch doesn't package qt4-multimedia. I don't know what to do with the qt4 package.
06-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Just an update that PPSSPPQt will now use SDL audio if it is compiled with SDL available.