Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is there will be a wii version?
11-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Exclamation is there will be a wii version?
hi everyone
i have black wii and i want to know,is there will be a wii version?is it faster than android version?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: is there will be a wii version?
Unlikely.
11-20-2013, 06:20 PM
thanks for the replay
but i'm sorry because my english is bad and idon't get it Big Grin
when it release?
11-20-2013, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 11:39 PM by xsacha.)
It may not actually be possible (due to lack of RAM).

If it was, the Android version will definitely be faster though unless you have a very old phone.
11-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Any hope for a Wii U version? (Granted it's not publicly hacked yet, but when it is...)

I know the Wii U has 1GB of RAM allocated for games, so it's on par with some Android devices. Granted I don't know how well PPSSPP runs on an Android device with 1GB RAM.
11-27-2016, 08:37 PM
(11-22-2013 12:41 AM)TehCupcakes Wrote:  Any hope for a Wii U version? (Granted it's not publicly hacked yet, but when it is...)

I know the Wii U has 1GB of RAM allocated for games, so it's on par with some Android devices. Granted I don't know how well PPSSPP runs on an Android device with 1GB RAM.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but thought it would be better than starting a new one with a similar topic.

The WiiU is fully hacked now and much easier to do than the 360 or ps3 ever was.
As easy as loading a webpage. Smile
Is there any chance someone could port this to the WiiU?

Thanks.
03-20-2017, 01:39 PM
the wii u is hacked already even has a emulator out for pc so it would just be a matter of if it can run ppsspp on it
03-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Well like the front page says
"Free & Open Source

PPSSPP is an open source project, licensed under the GPL 2.0 (or later). Anyone is welcome to contribute improvements to the code. Partly thanks to such contributions, PPSSPP's compatibility is steadily increasing, letting us all play our PSP games on the devices of our choice."

So if you want to try it all you need to do is find someone with the skills and the intrest to attempt porting it. As far as Currently updated platforms the only ones that seem to be updated are
Android
Windows
MacOS
Linux
IOS
09-13-2018, 03:08 PM
(11-20-2013 11:39 PM)xsacha Wrote:  It may not actually be possible (due to lack of RAM).

If it was, the Android version will definitely be faster though unless you have a very old phone.

the lack of ram is really pathetic as excuse the ammount of ram on the latest version of wii is 512 MB and the emulator has a capped limit of 180 Mb of ram usage even the first gen of wii has more then enough ram for ppsspp to run not only that has enough hardware to run it (since the wii is more powerfull then a cellphone)
and millenials seem to forget (or is unknown to them) that hardware console got better with new releases of the same console at the same price or lower price (now they get scammed by companies claiming they are doing a new version of the console people already owned)
09-13-2018, 11:45 PM
@Tabris666 To write some facts Wii is not faster than modern "celphone" where ppsspp runs, it also does not have 512 MB of ram, it has 512 mb of flash memory which has nothing to do with ram and you're just uneducated troll that spammed our forum with your frustration, imo you deserve to be banned if not for badmouthing the project and it's devs then for sure for spamming posts full of useless made up "information", but that's not for me to decide, I just don't want to read more of your posts as I don't enjoy facepalming.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.